T/C Renegade flintlock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomer68

Reaction score
I just bought this, and was thinking of getting the action cerakoted. Should I, or just get re-blued? There is pitting on the pan, and the frizzen. And some around the flash hole liner. Also, some previous owner messed up all the screw heads and wonder where I can get replacements up here in Canada.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 273
  • FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 273
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 273
Cerakote is nice, just doesn't fit the gun to me. I've seen a few cerakoted muzzleloaders and to me they just looked off. I've had good luck finding replacement parts on Ebay, not sure if that is practical for you. Good luck.

A little update. Decided to not to go with cerakote. My biggest issue is how to get the flash hole liner out. Some previous owner buggered up the slotted end and hard to remove. Any suggestions?

Try soaking with a true penetrating oil. I'll hesitate to suggest heat, but you may need to drill it and then use an easy out. The newer style TC liners were snugged with an allen wrench. Use some anti-sieze or breech plug grease when you get it out and replaced.

Thanks for the suggestion. Picked up some penetrating oil and sprayed down the bore and around the liner. Let it soak for a while, and was eventually able to get it out! Ordered some new T/C ones and now just need to clean up some of the rust. Going to try Evaporust.

Back