T/C s new muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rondal

Reaction score
Well I guess T/C wants to keep me broke. According to the article in Petersons Hunting Mag T/C will have another new muzzleloader out in 2007. It will be called TRIUMPH. It will have a tip-up barrel and a improved quick remove breach plug ( no tools to remove ). It says the gun only has TWO moving parts. There is a good picture of it on the back of the mag. It looks a little like the Omega. It will sell in the $400 range.

I don't have a way to post the picture----sorry. I just got the mag. yesterday and the article is there and a full page ad, from T/C, on the back cover. It has the same looking trigger guard as the Omega but it locks and unlocks the tip barrel. The barrel has some kind of weather coating on it. Looks like the breach plug id knureled, on the end, to take it in and out without tools. It is the 90 deg turn plug. It sure must be sealed well if you can take it out with your fingers.

New T/C gun

Ken French retired from T/C a year ago but he still stops buy the factory to consult. Ken was the design force behind the Encore. His Son Earnie has taken over for Ken and the new developments/improvements certainly has his finger prints on them.

A new muzzleloader with Pro Hunter features with a $400.00 price tag.

What is Knight to do???

Choc-dog

New muzzle loader

This new muzzleloader appears to the "Omega" replacement. It is a swivel
breech design with a frame similar to a shotgun o/u frame with very graceful lines. The stocks is a 2 piece configeration.

The breech plug is knurled and slides into the breech face upon closing the action. If not inserted correctly would prevent your ability to close the action. The breech plug is exposed unlike what we have seen before
and can be removed with just a 1/4 twist on the exposed knurled end.

The 28" barrel has the new T/C "weather coat " finish which appears to be a bead blast finish of a medium grey color.

The stock is supplied with a Simms vibration labs pad.

For under $400.00 was is there not to like.
:D
Choc-dog

I to have seen the advertisement.TC markets better than any other company out there.Also they they are customer oriented.It would appear we will lose knight , I don`t believe there high end disc rifles have ever marketed correctly,There isn`t any thing they don`t do better.They shoot better, look at the results at friendship, theyhave a fine adjustable trigger,a good recoil pad, a solid composite stock, and as a hunter I do like the disc. Also with the domed breech there is no blowback. In my opinion because of the ability to easily take the bolt apart they are easier to clean. Much of this has been taken care of by the new professionl hunter model . I have several TC products all good but they won`t take the place of my knights or Whites. I know most feel differently.

This new muzzleloader appears to the "Omega" replacement.
Spoke to a tech. in the T/C service department yesterday about some issues regarding my Omega carbine. While I had him on the phone, I inquired about the new "Triumph" inline ml. I was told that it is NOT being introduced as a replacement for the Omega, just another option in the T/C line-up. I was also told production is likely to begin in late May of '07.

Latest posts

Back