Talked to Sam at knight...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
Sam is well versed in the old C.Y.A. technique... like Schultz, he says he knows noooothing, noooothing! I called about the possibility of a BH KRB plug in lieu of Grouse's Vision plug... Sam says he has never heard of such a plug for the Vision, much less a KRB plug :huh?: only that they have been doing some testing with BH. When I asked about the Ultimate Slam, he says "how did you know about that"? Sam was a nice guy, but he had tighter lips than a woodpecker... he did finally say that he really hoped the Ultimate Slam would be a hit for them,,, said right now things were bad for Knight sales.

So I'll paraphrase for Sam,,, IF these Ultimate Slam rifles do exist, come May, everyone go out and buy one! :wink:

The Vision plug can be ordered today from Knight. The Ultimate slam Muzzleloader is already being tested by 15 other people/customers. After all the shows the final tweaks will be done and they will hit the market. The date i believe is April.

T/C has the Bone collector advertised now and you cant buy it. Savage has there new BP 10ML at cabelas advertised and you cant buy it. Knight does not have the new gun advertised on there sight. I was told when its on there you can buy it. I think Knight is doing a better job then the other companies so far.

Yeah, maybe UC... :) Well you know they've moved most everything to Alabama now and bless Sam's heart he's still way out there in Iowa... maybe he's seen one to many corn fields or something. I can tell ya this, he had no idea the Ultimate Slam news was out.

I had heard through the grapevine that sales were a bit on the slow side...you Knight fans might want to go buy a new rifle so they they can continue makin' them...

vabowhntr said:
I had heard through the grapevine that sales were a bit on the slow side...you Knight fans might want to go buy a new rifle so they they can continue makin' them...

I live about 15 miles from Knight....I have heard from several that things really AREN'T going well for Knight at all...

With S&W screwing up TC and Knight in difficulty guys that like quality guns better take care of what they have, if I had to shoot some brands I would probably start flinching, had one guy blow a barrel with in 10 feet of me and two others blow nipples and one guy come back in with a blown barrel; its a miracle nobody was hurt real bad. Some people say I am prejudice and they are right some prejudice's have good reason. Lee

Back