TC frizzen screw

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, new one for me!
While cleaning up after a range secession with my Renegade, I backed out the frizzen screw and it was TIGHT. I noticed the frizzen wobble as the screw turned, it was clear the screw is bent. It wasn't that way 40 shots ago when I started shooting. I'm wondering why? Perhaps the hole in the frizzen is oversized and it allows the hammer strike to bend it?
I can get it out, but I fear not for long. Anyone else have this happen? How did you correct it? I'd hate to have to replace the frizzen as the factory one sparks like a blown transformer.
Happily, this rifles performance continues to amaze me. She's becoming a fast favorite.
She also taught me that my issues with my long rifle AIN'T ME!

I’m not a flintlock guy, I know nothing about them? Isn’t this a TC Hammer & Frizzens? I’ve had this stuff for a few years, it came in a Box of Muzzleloader Parts that I bought at a Pawn shop. I probably have the Screws as well
pm9LUnG.jpg

For about $75.00 Brad Emig, of Cabin Creek Muzzleloading will tune your flintlock lock. What he does is balance the springs, as well as remove any burrs and polish everything up to work as smoothly as possible. If new springs need to be fabricated, then the cost of the work is higher. His reputation for this work is top notch.

Latest posts

Back