TC Hawken Owners

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muley Hunter

Reaction score
If you own a TC Hawken could you do me a favor? I just bought a nice one that i'll be getting in a week or so. It's a RH version, but i'm a lefty. The Hawken has the cheek piece, and i'm not sure how the sights will line up from the left side without the cheek piece.

So, if you have the gun, could you mount it off hand from the left side, and see how the sights look? How does it compare to the the right side?

Thanks guys.

I have been shooting mine for 30 odd years left handed. They line up just fine.

To be honest mine is right hand and I had to adjust my front sight to the right to compensate for the stupid cheek rest. I bet you will be just fine without it on the other side.

Buddy of mine had the same situation. Completely eliminated the problem with a rasp, belt sander, and some quality stock finish. Took the thing off, and did a good enough job that you would be hard pressed to see anything was done to the stock. Looks and shoots great from his "wrong side" hold.

Tweesdad said:
Buddy of mine had the same situation. Completely eliminated the problem with a rasp, belt sander, and some quality stock finish. Took the thing off, and did a good enough job that you would be hard pressed to see anything was done to the stock. Looks and shoots great from his "wrong side" hold.

I've certainly been thinking of doing the same thing.

Back