Tc hawken cap lock 50 cal scope mount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thughes42044

Reaction score
Hello I’m a new member and I was given a tc hawken cap lock 50 cal was wondering if anyone has found any modern scope mounts that fit the gun or if there is like a clamp on scope mount I could buy for it I’ve been doing a lot of searching and googling everything I can think of for it just hoping some of you might be able to help me out

It is possible there is a mount for a Hawken rifle. However, most of the ones I have seen the barrels were drilled and tapped. I had briefly entertained that idea last month for my New Englander but when I found out I was going to have to sell a kidney to pay for it to be done, that helped me make up my mind. Also, from what I have seen and been told, the hammer will most likely have to be bent. I asked a gun smith about this and according to him, he contends some hammers broke while trying to bend them.

However, it can be done. My late dad had one installed on his old Hawken and my late brother had one installed on his New Englander. Both of which were many years ago.

I broke a hammer while bending it, didn’t get it hot enough. I welded it back on, which looked horrible but allowed me to change the angle a lot. I eventually broke that off then drilled and tapped it to put on a Traditions hammer spur. I don't think it’ll win a beauty contest but i love the way it works now. This Renegade is very much a Frankenstein gun, but it shoots amazingly well.
3698085C-7094-4F2B-87EC-A68CBDB56DA3.png

I broke a hammer while bending it, didn’t get it hot enough. I welded it back on, which looked horrible but allowed me to change the angle a lot. I eventually broke that off then drilled and tapped it to put on a Traditions hammer spur. I don't think it’ll win a beauty contest but i love the way it works now. This Renegade is very much a Frankenstein gun, but it shoots amazingly well.
View attachment 29635
At least you're still up and running.

I added a red dot sight to one of mine by using a rail meant for a T/C Contender that I had milled flat.

I had a clamp on mount on my TC Cougar over 25 years ago. It worked well. I see if I can find a brand name. It is off now.

Latest posts

Back