TC Maxi “Hunter” .50 Cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I finally found a nice, like new .50 Cal TC Maxi “Hunter” Bullet Mold. I now have All Calibers of the TC Maxi “Hunter” Molds, .45, .50, and .54 Cal

zEVEEeBl.jpg

Bullet Measures .755 Long, And is 351 Grains Cast of Certified PURE Lead
9bFjrdKl.jpg

Here are 3 of my 4 Maxi “Hunter” Molds on Handles. Genuine TC Handles on the Left (Made by Lyman for TC) TC Mold Handles are Gold Anodized, The Handles in the Middle are Lyman, And RCBS Handles on Far Right
ETmt6Tdl.jpg

TC Had 2 Versions of Their Maxi “Hunters” These are Both 54 Cal, But as you can see they look Quite Different. They did this Exact same thing with their Maxi Ball (They have 2 different Versions of it as Well)
AgJXOSdl.jpg

Here is what i am Talking about with the Maxi Ball, They made this one with the “Rounded” Lube Grooves
rFenpIwl.jpg

And this one with “Square” Cut Lube Grooves
cNGcoNnl.jpg

Lewis,
You are one lucky dog!!!! The.50 caliber Maxi-Hunter mold is the one I really want to find. I REALLY want one of these molds to try and shoot out of my DOC White modified Javelina-style Optima V2 pistol that I should have back from him sometime early this fall.

If you would be so kind?

What are the band diameters measured as cast out of your mold? Do you think you will have to bump the alloy up to 1:40 to make the bullets stay put in the field? Do you think these bullets will stabilize in the 14" barrel of the Optima pistol?

This is about as heavy of a bullet that I was planning to shoot out of the pistol, even though CVA says it's OK to go up to a 400 grain bullet.

I was hoping to find one of these molds so I would not have to get into the whole issue of sizing dies.

Thanks

I really like the look of the rounded ogive, as opposed to the angled one.

Does one fly better than the other due to better aerodynamics?

Latest posts

Back