TC Omega "Extra Parts"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
My TC Omega is my "Go-To" rifle for hunting. I love this rifle, and plan on using it for many years to come. I would like to have a "Spare Action" on hand when hunting in different states, just in case something were to go wrong with the original action. I'm able to find parts, but not an entire action without buying another rifle. If I were to buy just parts, what other parts other than a Firing Pin and Spring, and Hammer Spring, would you feel would be good to have on hand to avoid ruining a hunt? Pivot Pin maybe???

My TC Omega is my "Go-To" rifle for hunting. I love this rifle, and plan on using it for many years to come. I would like to have a "Spare Action" on hand when hunting in different states, just in case something were to go wrong with the original action. I'm able to find parts, but not an entire action without buying another rifle. If I were to buy just parts, what other parts other than a Firing Pin and Spring, and Hammer Spring, would you feel would be good to have on hand to avoid ruining a hunt? Pivot Pin maybe???
The Omega instantly became my fav ML from the time they were released & I got my first one.
I think that it is a good idea to have a spare complete action for it. But the way they have climbed in popularity with the SML conversion craze, finding a deal on a whole gun is rare & finding a donor action is even harder. If it weren't for the help of a brother in here, I would not have the 3 Omega donors I have for my SML builds. Best wishes for you to find a good donor action or a good deal on a whole gun.

Yes, those are the spare parts I keep on-hand. I also have a couple pivot pins, stock screws and bushings. But I think the most important are firing pin, firing pin spring and hammer spring. Maybe a firing pin bushing screw also just in case you lost it when disassembling.

I saw one at a shop for like 170 I’m considering buying is this a good deal? I have my knight orange disc that I converted to bare primer. I may have gone for it if I had a bore light or could pull the breech plug.

I saw one at a shop for like 170 I’m considering buying is this a good deal? I have my knight orange disc that I converted to bare primer. I may have gone for it if I had a bore light or could pull the breech plug.
Wouldn’t matter what the bore looks like - I’d buy it at that price for the parts alone.

Wouldn’t matter what the bore looks like - I’d buy it at that price for the parts alone.
Me too

Back