HELP - Pietta Remington 1858 Sheriff’s Model - Repair Service Issues

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I could not get the timing right with the revolver. I did my own parts replacement (new hand/hand spring, new main spring, new trigger/bolt spring), and could not get it to lock into half cock. There were not two clicks when pulling back the hammer, it only went to full cock. I sent it back to Taylor’s for service (out of warranty, 2 yrs old), and they called to tell,me what was wrong and the cost to repair it. They said something about the hammer being rounded off that prevents it from locking into half cock. They also said I had a weak hand spring (but I just replaced it before sending it in for repairs). They said they replaced both parts and it was working fine. They say these models sometimes come from the factory with the bad hammers?#%$!!! Anyway, I just signed for it from the fedex delivery driver and opened the box. Guess what? IT STILL WILL NOT CLICK TWICE AND WILL LOCK INTO HALF COCK IF I GENTLY PULL THE HAMMER BACK as if I am intentionally trying to find half cock, not of its own mechanical action, BUT, if you pull the trigger while it’s in half cock, it will drop the hammer! This is nuts! That is dangerous!!! Does anybody have any suggestions for what is wrong??? I’m out $103.00 plus shipping and insurance both ways.

Latest posts

Back