TC Power Rod?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BukWild

Reaction score
Any of you guys use this ramrod? I am thinking of getting one for my Omega, just wanted to hear some reviews! Thanks!

I have one on both my Encore 209x45 and my Omega 209x50 , they are the older power rods but they are made by the same place . They work great , save the hands on hard loads and gives you what you need to get through the crud ring .
Charlie

I am a firm believer in a RANGE ROD that I use for loading and cleaning my rifles. The ramrod that comes with the rifle is used only when hunting. It also stays in the rifle when I practice. Just as it would be there when I am hunting. A range rod is the best investment a person can make to their shooting gear. My range rod is stainless steel and 32" long. It does the work of several rods, for all my rifles. I would never go to the range without it.

Many ramrods included with the rifles we purchase have two female ends. Instead of a power rod, I have a T handle short starter. If in the field I have to swab the barrel and there is a hard crud ring, I use the T handle short starter to increase the length of the ramrod the rifle comes with, and to give me the additional control fo the T handle. Since I figure I only might have to do that once in a days time (or not if I did my job right) it is not an issue to have a power rod. Be sure to try loading and swabbing with the ramrod that comes with the rifle. Just don't use it more then necessary.

And what is it these days with the cheap factory ramrods they are throwing in with the rifles they sell? Almost everyone of them is not holding up. For instance I was grouse hunting with a 12 gauge black powder shotgun the other day and the end came off (thank goodness at a place where I could grab it). Had I been in a different situation, this could have ended my hunt for the day. Instead, I put the end back on, and just did not swab the barrel the rest of the day. This has happened with T/C rods, Knight, and Green Mountain rods. I guess I vented there.. :oops:

Cayuga, my ramrod seems to be fine, other than pushing/pulling on it. It is solid aluminum and works ok, but I would like to have the T-handle for extra leverage, the Power Rod seemed to fit that bill, just deciding if I want to spend another $30.

I too use a range rod only at the range, it is a 32" T/C rod. The Encore uses the lager diameter aluminum rod where as the new pro hunter uses the smaller diameter steel rod with the folding "T" handle in it.

The Encore/Pro hunter ram rod gimbles are 2 different diameters because of the difference in rod diameters. The 2 screw on ramrod T- handles T/C has offered as accessory's items the last 3 years will not hold up to the abuse we put them thru.

I prefer the encore aluminum rod because I have a Hornady black pastic bullet jag they supplied at one time with each box of bullets and it will fit
all the way thru the gimbles and in to the stock for an fast and quick hunting reload.

Chocdog

For a range rod or hunting rod i use a Knight Bullet starter multi-purpose,brass knight number is # 90070 that is the best you can get ,you can scew a brass loading polymere tip bullet on the side of the handle and on the extension
Taureau noir

taureau noir said:
For a range rod or hunting rod I use a Knight Bullet starter multi-purpose,brass knight number is # 90070 that is the best you can get ,you can scew a brass loading polymere tip bullet on the side of the handle and on the extension
Taureau noir

BukWild said:
Cayuga, my ramrod seems to be fine, other than pushing/pulling on it. It is solid aluminum and works ok, but I would like to have the T-handle for extra leverage, the Power Rod seemed to fit that bill, just deciding if I want to spend another $30.

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/product_images/00030logo.jpg

This acts not only as a short starter for getting sabots seated, but you can use the T handle to make your ramrod into a range rod. It really is an advantage if you do not have a range rod with you.

The TC Power rod comes with the TC Pro Hunter and I love it on mine. While hunting I use this rod but for extended shooting at a range I use a range rod. A few years ago TC had a screw on flip up T handle called the Power Handle that I have used on my Encore. It was used to convert a standard TC rod into a poor mans Power Rod before TC bought the Power Rod company. These were plastic and would break very easily. The Power Rod and its handle are well made, fit on my rifle nicely, provides a fast and handy T in the field and does a good job for me.

Curtis

Latest posts

Back