tc pro hunter fx scope recommendations?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohihunter2014

Reaction score
Asking for a buddy who is buying a tc pro hunter fx 50cal. I have a Nikon xr but not really a fan of the circles so i would like to recommend something else to him. I also recommended BH209 to him but not sure if his rifle is compatible. I am also a little worried he is new to muzzleloaders so it might be a bad thing he is using loose so would pellets be the ticket? He says he sighted on in with pellets and didn't like it so any easy tricks for BH209?

ohiohunter2017 said:
Asking for a buddy who is buying a tc pro hunter fx 50cal. I have a Nikon xr but not really a fan of the circles so i would like to recommend something else to him. I also recommended BH209 to him but not sure if his rifle is compatible. I am also a little worried he is new to muzzleloaders so it might be a bad thing he is using loose so would pellets be the ticket? He says he sighted on in with pellets and didn't like it so any easy tricks for BH209?

His FX will shoot BH with zero problems and no modifications. Suggested: 110grs volume BH209 & Barnes 290gr T-EZ bullets, using magnum 209 primers.
I've had Nikon scopes on different Encore platform muzzleloaders, but every one of them required repairs after extensive shooting. Turn around was slow.... but loved the glass. I'd suggest Vortex over Nikon. Good luck.

I am happy with a Nikon Omega on mine. I use 120 gr.BH and a bonded Shock Wave 250 grain for long range [ Over 150yd. ] and 115 gr.BH with a Bloodline 250 gr. for normal hunting. This and a laser range finder work quite well for me to 250 yd.

He bought the gun, powder, primers, cleaning kit and bullets last night and said he doesn't have money for the scope so will go irons this year until summer and upgrade. thanks guys. I guess he wasn't expecting it to be so much $

Better to buy once cry once if he can get by with irons for awhile.

Diamondback HP is a great all around scope especially when they have them on sale.

Latest posts

Back