TC ProHunter .308

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadLizard

Reaction score
Coverted the Prohunter from Muzzleloader over to one of Mike Bellm's customed tuned 24" SS .308 Bergara barrels. Sighted in this morning at 25-yards. Question is, my Leupold U-slam scope is dialed all the way to the left in terms of adjustment and I probably still need about 8-clicks to the left (.5" at 25 yards = 2 clicks times 4 to get to 100 yards). Any ideas as to why I'm all the way to the left on adjustment? :?:

308sightinginat25yards.jpg
[/img]

More pics of prohunger... Don't like medium scope mounts. Need to pick up some low profiles to get the objective closer to barrel:

DSC01225.jpg

DSC01226.jpg

DSC01227.jpg

DSC01228.jpg

DSC01229.jpg

I may be wrong but it looks like the scope base isnt attached correctly to the barrel

Assume you're seeing the overhang of the mount as the barrel tapers toward the bore. Doubt this is any issue as base was installed by Mike Bellm, and he's been smithing on these barrels for over 20-years and is known for accuracy-producing work. Base has 6 bottom-tapped main screws and a 7th screw near bore-end of mount to stabilize the overhang. I've looked through the scope and had my wife push on the end of the mount and there is no deflection...

With it being that far off, you may have to use Burris Signature rings to correct the miss alinement. You could also try Millet windage adjustable rings.

Thanks Casper... Got Burris Signature Zee rings and alignment kit on order. Looked them up and read about them and that sounds like the ticket. Hopefully I can figure out how the inserts work when it comes in! :)

Back