TC Speed Breech Problem

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panhandle

Reaction score
Have any of you Thompson owners who have the speed breech had any problems with the snap rings located on the nose of the breechplug? One of the three rings on my Triumph plug opened up and makes it impossible to get the breechplug back in. I guess it lost its spring or something. Can these be replaced? I looked on TC website and they don't carry them. Can it be taken out and used with two rings? I'd like to make something work before forking over the money for a new one. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks Zen

Panhandle

Thompson owners who have the speed breech had any problems with the snap rings located on the nose of the breechplug? One of the three rings on my Triumph plug opened up and makes it impossible to get the breechplug back in. I guess it lost its spring or something. Can these be replaced? I looked on TC website and they don't carry them. Can it be taken out and used with two rings? I'd like to make something work before forking over the money for a new one. Any info would be appreciated.

I have not had any problems with the gas rings on the speed breech, but I also tape mine with Teflon to give them some sort of non-liquid lubrication.

They gas rings can be replaced as well as the 'O' ring on you BP. The gas rings are a safety item and because of liability TC requires their Techs to replace the rings. You can send the plug in and they will do just that - no cost.

You can go to the web site and get the customer service information... If you call on the phone call early in the morning their time....

Hope this helps...

Panhandle
This is a rare problem, but it has happen before.
Just follow Sabotloaders advice, its always good. Lee

I had the same problem and bought a new plug. I am going to send the old one back to be fixed. I hope nothing I am doing caused it.

lefteye said:
I had the same problem and bought a new plug. I am going to send the old one back to be fixed. I hope nothing I am doing caused it.

I e-mailed TC service dept. and immediately got a response to send it to them and they would send me a new one. I like that kind of service.
Zen

Latest posts

Back