TC Strike trigger adjustment

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10gaugemag

Reaction score
Has anybody adjusted the trigger on a Strike rifle?

I got one last weekend and it has more creep than I care to have in a trigger.

There is an adjustment screw on the trigger and I have not tried to figure out how to adjust it yet, figured I would ask before jumping in.

Any insight?

I cant find any mention of the trigger being adjustable. The LHR Redemption was not.

The FT2 Match trigger is single-stage and factory-set to break at 3-3.5 pounds (mine averaged 3.5) with little take-up and no over-travel. It is not adjustable.

GM54-120 said:
I cant find any mention of the trigger being adjustable.

I was sure if there was any trigger adjustment it would have been mentioned in a manual is why I asked. I looked on-line and agree with this quoted statement.

There is a small screw in the top of the trigger that is accessible from outside of the gun. I scraped the glue or whatever they had capped it off with but was unable to figure out whether this screw was allen headed or slot headed. Some of the glue they used may have filled the screw head up and unless I remove the trigger assy or the triggerguard so I can clean the hole out I may never know what it will take to adjust it.

All that screw needs is to go in a tiny bit and remove the creep. I can understand some take up as long as it is smooth but this is a gritty take up, may just need to polish the sear.

I took the buttstock off so I could see the internal workings and it is a very simple design. They have it set up with a weight so if gun is cocked and accidentally dropped it will just decock the gun and you just have to push the cocking mechanism forward to cock, no need to open the gun in order to have to recock.

Sear engagement. Rear pin is trigger pivot on the front one is what sear pivots on. The screw in the trigger pushes up on the rear of the sear to disengage.

You can also see the weight that disengages the striker should the gun be dropped. It is sticking above the 2 pivot pins.

Hello, 10gauge.

Did you succeed in eliminating the trigger creep on your Strike?

I'd also be curious to know how the trigger pull weight feels and your overall experience with the rifle.

I'm considering buying a Strike and T/C says the trigger pull is 4-5 lbs, which seems a bit heavy to me.

Thanks!

Hello, 10gauge.

Did you succeed in eliminating the trigger creep on your Strike?

I'd also be curious to know how the trigger pull weight feels and your overall experience with the rifle.

I'm considering buying a Strike and T/C says the trigger pull is 4-5 lbs, which seems a bit heavy to me.

Thanks!
@Northwoods65: Buy the strike. I own one and it is a solid 200 yard shooter. If I had a convenient range longer than 200 yards, I’d have a longer opinion.

A bud just got one. Accurate booger, but too much plastic for my taste. He loves it and that's what counts.
I hear you on the plastic. Looks like the trigger guard and fore trim are both made from the stuff. But the walnut option is nice. I haven't seen any other inlines with a wood stock. I'm a bit on the fence, given some mixed reviews I've read, but definitely interested.

You might also look into what it takes to get scope eye relief comfortable for you. Due to its breach plug design a longer eye relief may be needed or a DNZ mount to help move other scopes far enough back. You have far fewer scope choices when you need over 4" of eye relief

The DNZ mount that accommodates typical eye relief scopes (3-4") is only offered in high according to their website.

You might also look into what it takes to get scope eye relief comfortable for you. Due to its breach plug design a longer eye relief may be needed or a DNZ mount to help move other scopes far enough back. You have far fewer scope choices when you need over 4" of eye relief

The DNZ mount that accommodates typical eye relief scopes (3-4") is only offered in high according to their website.
Thanks much. I'll look into extended eye relief scope options.

Interesting that this review states that "The trigger on the T/C Strike is superb, breaking at 3 lbs., 2 ounces" while T/C says the trigger is 4-5 lbs.

I have a LHR and like the rifle. I made up a mount to keep the scope further back to my liking, otherwise it’s too far forward for normal eye relief. I too looked into the DNZ mounts and after talking with the tech there I decided it wasn’t for me. Last season I shot a huge doe out at over 238 yards with it and she went right down. The barrel is of very good quality in my book and the trigger seems ok but anything can be improved upon I guess. Also my rifle shoots very clean in the breech area, and easy to clean.

I have a LHR and like the rifle. I made up a mount to keep the scope further back to my liking, otherwise it’s too far forward for normal eye relief. I too looked into the DNZ mounts and after talking with the tech there I decided it wasn’t for me. Last season I shot a huge doe out at over 238 yards with it and she went right down. The barrel is of very good quality in my book and the trigger seems ok but anything can be improved upon I guess. Also my rifle shoots very clean in the breech area, and easy to clean.
Thanks, Magnum. That's good to hear. I'm not sure how much changed between LHR production and T/C production. Wish I knew what the best scope/mount solution is. I'll do some research and try to make a good guess!

Latest posts

Back