Adjusting Omega trigger pull

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think someone post how to do this before. I couldn't find it. I have like new Omega action that has what seems like a 15# trigger. Any advice on adjusting it.
I looked for it too after we talked, & I couldn't find it either. I know its here, I know I read it & saw a diagram or pics with it. I did pass along your info to get him to call you. Someone else will remember it & where the heck the post is.

Basically the process goes like this. Its very straightforward but takes a few attempts to get it just where you want it through trial and error.

You’re basically just removing the action, pulling the trigger and trigger spring and lightening the spring by (bending) reducing the spring leg angle (pic below).

Then put it back together and test. If it’s not light enough, try it again until it’s where you want it. You don’t have to completely strip the action - just pull the trigger out.

IMG_2464.png
IMG_0585.jpeg

Basically the process goes like this. Its very straightforward but takes a few attempts to get it just where you want it through trial and error.

You’re basically just removing the action, pulling the trigger and trigger spring and lightening the spring by (bending) reducing the spring leg angle (pic below).

Then put it back together and test. If it’s not light enough, try it again until it’s where you want it. You don’t have to completely strip the action - just pull the trigger out.

View attachment 37939
View attachment 37940
could have sworn that I posted about this but could not find it. After you do it a couple times, you’ll know where you want it in one try. Or I can do them and get them right at 1.75lb pull the first try but have done about 30 of them for me and friends.

Last edited:
Back