• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO TC system1 take down tool

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadball

Reaction score
just picked up a nice TC system1 50 cal and I need the take down tool to get the nipple and breach plug out if anyone has an extra and is willing to sell I would greatly appreciate it, or maybe you know where one for sale is thanks

I was just reading an online manual for it. It says you have to remove the barrel from the action to remove the breechplug. And you can use a 1/2" wrench. Sounds like a socket may work too.

NOTE:To remove the breech plug from the barrel - the barrel must first be removed from the receiver. Follow these steps:

1st Step - After making sure that the gun is unprimed and uncharged, lower the striker to the "fired" position by pulling the trigger while holding the striker handle and slowly letting the striker go forward until it contacts the bare nipple.

2nd Step - Remove the ramrod from the thimble(s).

3rd Step - Remove the two stock assembly screws from the trigger guard (on walnut stocked models) by turning them out counter-clockwise (as viewed from the bottom of the gun). On the composite stocked models you remove the screw at the back of the trigger guard and the one in front of the molded trigger guard.

4th Step - The barrel and receiver may now be lifted out of the stock.

5th Step - Remove the barrel from the receiver; Use a 5/32" Allen wrench to remove the takedown bolt which anchors the barrel lug to the receiver lug.

6th Step - The large receiver end cap at the rear of the receiver can now be removed by turning it counter-clockwise. This cap is under spring tension so be sure to maintain a firm grip on it while turning it out. Remove the receiver end cap, the spring and the striker handle retainer.

Now, remove the striker handle by pulling it out of the striker body. Once the striker handle is removed, the striker body can be removed from the receiver by sliding it out the back. The Trigger Assembly should not be removed from the receiver. If this is required, consult a qualified gunsmith or return your rifle to the factory for service.

7th Step - First, using the nipple wrench portion of the System 1 Takedown Tool, remove the nipple from the breech plug by turning the wrench counter-clockwise (as viewed from the back).

To remove the breech plug from the barrel, use the System 1 takedown tools provided with the rifle, or a 1/2" open end wrench. Placing the takedown tool (closed wrench) on the breech plug and the 1/2" open end wrench on the barrel lug, turn the breech plug counter-clockwise out of the barrel while exerting force in the opposite direction with the open end wrench.

yeah thats the way I did it, removed the barrel and used a 1/2" wrench.

ya I can't get the barrel lug bolt to loosen any suggestions thanks

Back