Thank you gifts to land owners.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Anderson

Reaction score
My son and I were blessed with permission to hunt on private land. We both harvested a deer. What do you all do as compensation to land owners?

I made some artwork and will gift some venison product.

Attachments

• IMG_6371.jpeg
    IMG_6371.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6369.jpeg
    IMG_6369.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Being a sausage maker, the owner of the property where I hunt is generously dealt a pile of jerky, summer sausage and sticks, roughly 1/3 of what I make. During the warm months I keep he and his bride well stocked with fresh crappie fillets. Also during the warm months I work with him doing buckthorn abatement on the property ad will feed the cats if they happen to go somewhere for a few days.

Traditionally I brought good summer sausage and bacon from a local meat market. It surprises me how many places don’t have a good meat market anymore, even in farm country!

I use the sentiment “I appreciate you sharing what you have, with me. Here’s something from home that I enjoy, and I hope you will, too.”

Gas cards are another no-brainer that nearly everyone can use, though they lack some of the personal touch.

Latest posts

Back