Thanks Grouse

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benamen

Reaction score
Finally had a day where I could head out to thee range and try Grouse's load in my Triumph. To sight in the rifle, I used two pellets of 777 Magnum, Hornady 200 Grain 44 Caliber Bullets and Harvester's Green Crush Rib Sabot. Shot a few rounds at 50 yards to get the scope sighted in as I had just replaced the scope mounts. Took another 8 shots at 100 yards using the same load to fine tune the point of impact.

I cleaned up the barrel and plug with windex and then gave a quick swabbing with some G96 Gun Treatment as I would if I were to store the gun for a short period.

Weighed out 77grains of Blackhorn and topped it off with a 250 Gr TC Shockwave and substitued Harvester's Short Black Sabot for the factory black sabot. I did not take a fouling shot. The 3 shots on the target are my first 3 shots using Blackhorn. I am quite satisfied with the results.

Thanks again Grouse for doing all of the leg work and sharing your load data with us.

IMG_0255.jpg

Latest posts

Back