Thanksgiving Day Buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My oldest son connected with a nice buck on turkey day. He was just about to fill his doe tag when this buck caught his eye.

BrandonBuck2.jpg

His cousin had the video camera and got some great footage. The deer didn't go far after being hit with a 100 grain SlickTrick, pushed by a Beman 400 arrow, propelled out of his BuckMaster 2000 bow. I'm glad he had a chance to take a dandy buck with that bow before being retired to his backup bow. I bought him a BowTech Assassin for Christmas.

BrandonBuck.jpg

Fantastic Buck!! Congratulations.

I shoot Beman carbons but use a 100 grain muzzy three blade. It really smacks them good.

What a great deer. That is a nice one.
Congrats, and do you know what her tipped the scales at?

:D
That buck is really nice........CONGRATS BIG TIME :!: :!: :!:

Ray........ :wink:

Very nice buck! Here in central Nebraska, I've noticed that deer harvested just a couple miles apart that are the same age have varied a lot in size and weight. It must be genetics and diet. I boned out a friends deer this year that was closer to a fat steer. Both of my deer's back straps fit in one, gallon sized zip lock bag. With his deer, I could barely fit one in a gallon bag. And the hind quarters were huge as well.

Latest posts

Back