The AK47 in pose

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Heres the AK47 we got a little while back, Still truoiling the stock, it was rough laminate stock when we got it but a good heavy dose of sealer brought it up smoothly, now just truoiling it for about a total of 15 coats.

My 13 year old niece was over yesterday and although she didn't shoot it, she wanted some pics for her facebook so her friends would be jealous LOL. I did get her to shoot the 22 and she loved it. Next time I will shoot the AK, she said.
DSCN3619.jpg

DSCN3620.jpg

FG, take a little time and work with her on mounting the gun, If you can get her to raise her right elbow up it will create a pocket for the butt of the gun to set into. It's great that she is showing interest in shooting. ONE more for our side.

She doesn't look to happy holding it lol? I bought a new AR and mounted a scope on yesterday.

wow the wood looks great I didn't know under the cosmoline they looked that good :cheers:

Yeah its actually a laminated stock, just was rough finish when we first got it, I've buffed it down with 0000 steel wool soaked in boiled linseed oil, will take pictures once to scope comes in and shes ready.

Scoped the AK today and actually got good groups @ 100 yards shooting off my knee and using a sand bag under the forearm! 2" for 3 shots with the 4x scope. Have a 10x scope coming in for it but its coming snail mail.

You are lucky I had a few AKs in the past and I was never happy with the lack of accuracy.

They were designed for 6" to 8" groups @ 150 yards. Its more of an up close and personal, make you piss your pants kinda gun LOL.

Latest posts

Back