the "Best" 50 cal.ML bullet??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrsbows

Reaction score
If you had one choice for a fifty cal bullet what would it be. assuming ur rifle shoots them well.im thinking non smokeless and sabot.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

Barnes 290 tez

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: the

Bear Creek Ballistics 285 grain all copper in the supplied Harvester smooth black sabot

Ron's jug tests
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31357
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31351

They also shoot great sabotless in a SML 45 :yeah:
taF6xRY.jpg

Big Ole Chunk of Lead for me :yeah:

Either of these, they both shoot STELLAR out of my 1:28 Twist Green Mountain LRH Barrel
I2yNumFm.jpg

This was 3 shots with the bullet on the Left in the photo above, it is my Copy of the Bullshop 460 Bullet
lNh3xxrm.jpg

Re: RE: Re: the

how far are they acurate
Idaholewis said:
Big Ole Chunk of Lead for me :yeah:

Either of these, they both shoot STELLAR out of my 1:28 Twist Green Mountain LRH Barrel
I2yNumFm.jpg

This was 3 shots with the bullet on the Left in the photo above, it is my Copy of the Bullshop 460 Bullet
lNh3xxrm.jpg
how far are they acurate?what powder and charge?

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

Re: RE: Re: the

jrsbows said:
how far are they acurate

I have shot my copy of the Bullshop bullets out to 200 yards last year preparing for Elk, They were VERY accurate :yeah: 2-3 inches with my Open sights. I have not tried the Heavier Bullet that far yet but plan to do so very soon, It will be one of these Bullets that i Elk Hunt with this year

Keep track of how the land riders for 50cal rifles are shooting. No sabot required. Excellent hunting bullets!

They're available now in 325grs, 275grs and other weights. The land riding bullet for 50cal rifles is new, but really taking off.
I used the 325gr during our general season here and destroyed, on its feet, a nice 8pt. It never knew what hit him.

http://www.furycustombullets.com/webapp ... zle-loader

Here's an example of 3 rounds at 100yds with the 275gr bullet.........

IMG-1424a.jpg

Kudos to Dino at Fury. He bends over backwards for us ML guys. I bet i could get those 275s to shoot in 54x50 sabots too. That is just too cool!!!!

Back