The Cooper is Here!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
Well I wish it were here - but it is there! I have long been waiting for this ML to make its appearance and Cooper says it is in stock.

Cooper has their new Model 22 Muzzleloader available for purchase.

I sent an email to copper a few days ago and got a quick reply from Copper...

The very first ones have been built & more are following those. They have actually been selling fairly well. I am planning a synthetic stock for next year which should help. A NW legal rifle will follow that as soon as I can get approval to do it.

So from this brief answer Copper is planning to add other improvements and Western Legal rifles to the inventory.

The rifle and the description just kind of say first class!

As I understand it, the rifle is not built to be a super ML like the Ultimate and other 200 grain ML's, it is built to be an everyday ML with old time quality and accuracy for the American hunter.

The rifle is offered in 4 different styles featuring a Wilson Barrel. Wilson has long been know for the quality barrels they produce, and to offer this rifle with a Premium Match Grade Stainless Barrel is awesome! And then add a true adjustable Timney trigger to the outfit and you are just talking quality

For more information you might check out the web site...

http://cooperfirearms.com/

Nice walnut, nice checkering, ebony tip, all holding nice stainless! Beautiful! Best combo as far a looks in my eyes.

WOW!! What a BEAUTY!!! Now if they only would sell it in a 45cal with a 1-20" Shallow Grove Twist. A Left hand version would be nice as well. :D Hey I can dream can't I? LOL

It's gorgeous. The stainless add-on and tax probably shoots the price to near three grand. Perfect make/models for doctor/lawyer product/magazine advertisements.

TripleSe7en said:
It's gorgeous. The stainless add-on and tax probably shoots the price to near three grand. Perfect make/models for doctor/lawyer product/magazine advertisements.

Last i heard they start at $1595 and its $150 extra for a stainless action. IMO thats a good price for a in house built action.

The prices listed at their website must be inflated then. Most models there are around 2495.00 MSRP and they are blued. So I guessed another 300 bucks for the stainless. I added tax and came up the near 3-grand price. I don't see this one listed on their website yet.

It sure is pretty. It's a chunk of change, but then looking at what people spend on custom smokeless ML's it's really not a bad price at all.

If MN ever allows scopes I could see saving up for one.

GunsInernatoinal has a new one for sale.
Muzzleloading Rifles - Custom for sale.
The breechplug looks to be 2 sided requiring a tool rather than the Hex many recommended to them here. Also, the ramrod looks like a Knight.

Very nice.
I have 5 model 22's in various CF calibers and they are all great shooters. Just last week I was inletting a Mc Millan BR stock for one in 22-250. This does have me thinking though of possibly converting a 243 Win into a .45 or .50 cal ML by re-barreling and making a removable breech plug. The action is 1.300" in diameter so a hefty barrel contour could be used. I am always welcoming a challenge :)

There are a couple listed on auction sites. All that I have seen have blued barrels. As soon as I see one with a stainless barrel I will be a little poorer.

Just a bit of new information. Cooper is going to build an "Ultra Lite: model rifle - reducing the overall weight of the rifle. they are also thinking about taking this same approach to possibly creating a light weight muzzleloader. I really would like to a see a quality light weight ML coming from Cooper!

Cooper is a fine rifle.
For endless build options the Remington ultimate is a great platform to build anf use Hankins ignition system and barrel brand of your choice,caliber and twist of choice . For price of a cooper or build a Remington700 ml complete custom for same money just as you want it.

BuckDoeHunter said:
Anyone know what the base model classic weighs?

Got this information back from Cooper...

The M22 ML weighs about 7.75 pounds and we don’t have a lighter version yet but I intend to do it, I just need the time. The lightweight version probably won’t be around until next year.

That does look great. It would be on my short list if I was shopping. I got my very 1st Cooper a few Months ago, a lightly used 57M in 17 HMR. So far I only sighted it in with a 3-9 scope I had laying around.

For use while hunting, 'lightweight' is where it's often at. That is for the gun that's carried a lot for one or two shots.

Latest posts

Back