The Cooper is Here!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sendit said:
Thanks for the info sabotloader.
Rebarreling one of my M22's to a .45 ML is simple enough, it's the ignition system that I will have to work out.

Correct! But even then it shouldn't be to difficult until you get to insertion and extraction of the 209

Simple way is buy a 700 sa rifle and rebarrel it and buy a 209 primer short action bolt. They are available.

bestill said:
Simple way is buy a 700 sa rifle and rebarrel it and buy a 209 primer short action bolt. They are available.
The 209 bolt only is available to use in a SA CF action? I take it that it would not use the lug recesses? Where can you get the bolt?

It is a direct replacement locking lug bolt for 700 sa with209 nose.works perfect with arrowhead sporting goods 9/16 breech plug.
Bolt is available thru cmc firearms

Thanks Bestill. Just looked at their site and see the bolt, it is a purty thing to look at. I don't see anything about them selling just the bolt, just conversions. Any idea what they get for one?

http://www.cmcfirearms.com/

bestill said:

But I already have Cooper M22's as donors. I will have to figure out a way to use the 3 lug bolt with .473" face. Looking into a Hankins type ignition as I think it would be compatible.

Muley Hunter said:
Sounds like the Cooper ML needs to be sold as a firearm. Is that true?

The Cooper is a Model 22 ML has the bolt and receiver altered for a ML. You may be able to change a rifle model 22 to a ML but you can not change Model 22 ML to a rifle.

Back