The Endeavor Barks!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulions

Reaction score
Well, the early Muzzleloader season opened here in Florida on Friday. I took the day off yesterday to go hunt and the wind was blowing about 30mph. Oh well, I was in the woods. This morning was much better though. It was clear and calm and about 28 degrees. I was hunting the Choctawhatchee water management area. About 7:30 this morning I saw a group of hogs move through the swamp just out of range from my treestand (to thick). There was one in that group that was REALLLLY big. About ten minutes after that group eased by I heard another group working toward me. I could see about 5 or 6 pigs moving in my direction. When they got to about 60 yards they turned and strarted moving around behind my stand. I whistled to get them to stop and would you know it everyone of them stopped behind a tree or bush. I looked ahead of them to try and find the next clearing in front of them for a shooting lane. There was an old logging road about 50 yards from my stand that had just enough opening in it to get a shot off if I could get one of them to stop. Well, I guess it was my lucky day. I was standing with the gun propped against the tree looking through the scope at the road and the first pig that hit the road stopped broadside. I let the Endeavor and the 110gr of BH209 and the 250gr. Shockwave loose and the rest is history. The bullet entered almost perfect behind the front shoulder and exited the other side. We estimated the hog to weigh around 125lbs. Not a trophy by any stretch of the imagination but needless to say, I was excited. I love this Muzzleloader hunting. Thanks again for everyones help. Here are some pictures .

HoggPictures002.jpg

HoggPictures003.jpg

HoggPictures006.jpg

HoggPictures005.jpg

Not sure why it posted twice. Sorry about that. Will the Moderator please delete the other one.

Hulions

Congrats...nice harvest - think the young one is empressed also...

Wait till you shoot something with one of the Noslers... then you will be impressed - same holes in and out but sheer destruction to the internal organs.

(second post taken care of)

Thanks Sabotloader,

I plan on taking them to the range next week.

Hulions,

Nice Hog and congratulations. Your young Son will be pulling triggers in a few years.

I admire your rifle choice, The Endeaver is on my "aquire" list, I already have 5 Encores/prohunter rifles...but wants one more.

Chocdog

Choc-dog,

You will not be sorry. I love this gun. The speed breech is outstanding. I can't believe how clean it is on the outside when I get through with a range session (about 15 shots). It takes a little getting used to but it becomes real easy to pull out for cleaning after a little practice. Thanks for the comments.

Choc-dog,

I thought you were getting an Endeavor barrel for your Pro Hunter? Does the Endeavor really have that much different of a stock over the Pro Hunter too?

Curtis

I was, but when I went to my local gun shop to trade in my 7mm-08 pro hunter barrel and stock set (laminated wood) it was just easier to trade the whole thing for a new Endeavor. As far as the new stock goes, I don't think its that much different than the synthetic one that comes on the pro hunter. Mostly just a different camo and the recoil reducers are supposed to be better. But I don't know if it would make that much difference. Are you going to get an Endeavor barrel for your Pro-Hunter?

Endeavor Barrel

Ihave not read anything to lead me to beleive the Endeavor barrel has a leg up on accuracy to the Pro Hunter. I have read that the breech plug removal is neat. So the 1/4 twist I give w/ my socket on the Pro causing me to need an Endeavor Barrel, nope! Unless there is something I am missing completely??

Hulions,

Yes in January or February, I'm going to take my Pro Hunter barrel with Nikon Omega BDC scope and put it on my Encore that all ready has the Pro Hunter rear stock and then put an Endeavor barrel and BDC on my Pro Hunter. I thought I read the Endeavor stock reduced felt recoil by just a few percent over that of the Pro Hunter so that isn't a big deal to me.

Curtis

Latest posts

Back