The Final Answer is....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbuff

Reaction score
After getting my past 4 deer with the 350gr FPB that Busta got me hooked on.{ after starting my ML carear with Power Belts,I will never use again}

This season will be with a new gun my X7 and the .452 300gr Deep curls.I had to make a sight adjustment of 6 inches or so compared to the FPB.All is on target and awaiting NYS season to start.I use the ML all season for gun too.

I am not sure which state starts the season first, but good luck to every out there .Sounds like alot of us will be using the 250 or 300gr deep curls.

Steve

I have been using the 300 gr gold dot [ deep curl] for the past few years. Excellant results, I see no need for a change . :D

Sounds like a great bullet. I'm still stuck in yesteryear working down the supply of 250 grn SSTs I bought on clearance.

I just went to the 300gr. deep curl myself. I hope I can get them to shoot out of my Endeavor. I want to shoot it in front of 110gr of BH209. Should be a deadly combo if I can get the accuracy that I want.

Hulions said:
I just went to the 300gr. deep curl myself. I hope I can get them to shoot out of my Endeavor. I want to shoot it in front of 110gr of BH209. Should be a deadly combo if I can get the accuracy that I want.

If you don't get the desired accuracy with that load, try 105g, 100g, 95g. You will still have plenty of energy/momentum/kill at 200 yard.

muskrat30 said:
Sounds like a great bullet. I'm still stuck in yesteryear working down the supply of 250 grn SSTs I bought on clearance.

I'm with you. I have at least a box and a half of .452 250 gr XTP's. Good thing they work so well. It'll be a while before I used them up. Some of you guys shoot a WHOLE lot more (for pleasure) than I get to do (mostly just hunting).

I'm like some of the other who posted. I still have a bunch of 300 grain shock waves and 3 packs of Knight 300 grain Barnes expanders. Will be a while before I need to buy more bullets. Maybe by then we will have the perfect bullet.

I have a bunch of 240gr xtp's for my Accura...don't know how long it will take me to run out. I do think I want to start using the Thor's in that gun though. :)

Not sure where you live but here in Western Wa. Sportsmans Wearhouse and Wholesale Sports carry them

Latest posts

Back