The real Toby Bridges

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
He has an interesting "history" if you have read about his Knight/Savage/Bill Ball associations of the past. Although i will say, the recent conviction/s did come as somewhat of a surprise to me. His move to Missouri appears in part because he thinks he will find a way to hunt there or in neighboring states. Well he is also a fugitive since 3 warrants for his arrest were issued for not paying the entire fine and failure to appear.

Other states may not pursue the warrants but being a fugitive creates other issues as far as hunting and the possession of firearms. In some states such as Illinois that includes MLs.

He has an interesting "history" if you have read about his Knight/Savage/Bill Ball associations of the past. Although i will say, the recent conviction/s did come as somewhat of a surprise to me. His move to Missouri appears in part because he thinks he will find a way to hunt there or in neighboring states. Well he is also a fugitive since 3 warrants for his arrest were issued for not paying the entire fine and failure to appear.

Other states may not pursue the warrants but being a fugitive creates other issues as far as hunting and the possession of firearms. In some states such as Illinois that includes MLs.

If it's less than a felony level warrant my guess is Montana won't extradite from out of state for a game violation. Better to not have him back in your state when the cost of getting him there is probably more than the fines.

What blows my mind is that you can be in that standing and think that people still care anything about you and whether or not you have a place to hunt. Arrogant much?

The warrants are for 2 counts of failure to appear and 1 count of not paying the fine in full. My understanding is the 2 FTAs were not for felonies so the fleeing may not be a felony either. Either way though he can not legally hunt in Missouri or Illinois and i dont think he can in Arkansas either.

Only 2 states are not members sooooo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Wildlife_Violator_Compact

This illegal hunting and skipping out shows one’s character..
What really surprises me is 2 things:
1) when reading, his long history of issues, including illegal hunting while at Knight - this would have been many years ago (2000?)
2) the number of companies that sponsor him - currently! (I looked it up)
Hi Lux optics
Harvester Muzzleloading
Black Horn 209
Pedersoli
Traditions
Green Mountain
Cooper Firearms
CVA
Hodgdon
Dixie Gun Works
Goex
Thompson/Center
Cutting Edge Bullets
October Country
IFG - Italian Firearms Group (USA importer)
Ballistic Products

Unbelievable that these companies don't even vette who they sponsor! Says something about them -IMO.
804FA235-0985-4D18-8B72-895CD8E31599.jpeg

Last edited:
I spoke to him a few times and he was always happy to offer advice, he had nothing bad to say about Hornady when I spoke about their ML bullets to him. Damned shame he turned out to be this type of person.

I never heard of that guy because I don't really follow any of those hunting shows or FB stuff.
Too many fake ass so called hunters on those sites and TV shows.
For my money, I'd much rather be on a site like this with you fellas.
Maybe we ain't the greatest hunters or shooters but real people sharing real experiences.

I have a couple books-he”authored”. I think one had really excellent directions on how to build a CVA Mountain Rifle kit. Granted these are from over 40/45 years ago. I also liked his ideas on a 1 in 30 rot in a 32 caliber. Bummer he turned out to be a poacher

There is BIG money in prostituting our natural resources and anytime money is involved you can and will see this type of behavior. I have first hand info on a couple of these types that are well published in national magazines, books, youtube, that poach/violate on a regular basis. I have dropped a dime on one of them, but unfortunately he didn't get caught. Now I'm not saying that all the pimps are violating and there are some very good shows/publications out there, but no kill shots, dead game/fish make for boring reading/viewing. Some of these types will do whatever it takes to get the "shot", as in camera.

Latest posts

Back