The real Toby Bridges

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, just read the above link. Am I understanding this correctly? Toby believes the United nations developed the covid virus to reduce the world's population? And after his long career as a author and writer in the outdoor industry he is starving if he doesn't poach? Before I make any decisions I just want to be sure I'm understanding this right. Anyone else get that out of it?

That appears to be the gist of it… 😳 🙄 😆

It’s easy to be a back seat driver, but if it were me, I would likely:

1) Pay the fines, and get the warrants quashed. Chalk it up to a mistake, or a misunderstanding, or a life lesson learned, or whatever… just get clear of those warrants!

2) Take the conspiracy crap off my website, to make it more marketable. STAY ON SUBJECT! Nobody wants to buy an item that has “baggage.”

3) Move on to the next chapter of my life! 👍

It is a shame. He had some useful information on his page. I always took everything he said with a grain of salt. He seemed prone to promoting his sponsors at the expense of everything thing else. That article is just sad, never been a fan of conspiracy theory on a whole new level.

I just saw this thread. Is there an update on how all this shook out?

I haven’t thought of or heard anything about Toby Bridges (or Randy Wakeman) in years. They were both kind of a big deal when I first got into muzzleloader hunting 20 years ago. I never cared for either, because they both seemed like legends in their own minds.

Says he lost his license for 5 years, it should pop in other states if he tries to buy one,but here in the show me state his actions are nothing new, sad but true.

Was Toby his real name? I need some of you guys that know him to respond may of found him in I live in mo, after reading this stuff went digging for info, Thanks lonewolf

Ok I kinda thought so , from what I read he's not in good health, stroke, dementia, not sure don't want to guess or gossip but he was in mo about the time this post started, no info I can find as of late.

I know several of the guys that got busted in Kansas about 10 years ago for a laundry list of illegal hunting activities, and I know that their 5 year license suspension was for the entire US. The taxidermist I used to use was one of them, and he had to go to Mexico to hunt during his suspension.

I know several of the guys that got busted in Kansas about 10 years ago for a laundry list of illegal hunting activities, and I know that their 5 year license suspension was for the entire US. The taxidermist I used to use was one of them, and he had to go to Mexico to hunt during his suspension.
They probably violated the Lacey act and got convicted in Federal Court. From what I can tell, Massachusetts and Hawaii still aren’t in the wildlife violators compact so you would still be able to hunt there for a state violation.

Many of the big names in hunting shows these days have their own farms/properties and put in food plots and are very selective on what deer they shoot. They allow only their closest friends or those willing to pay mucho $$ to hunt there. Yes they put in their time and effort on the properties they own and more power to them. I hunt exclusively public land and shoot a buck and a couple doe every year. 2 seasons ago was the first time on about 20 years or so that I got skunked.

Last edited:
There's been a lot of the hunting show guys get hammerd for stuff some comes out some don't, I guess it must go to there head I'm on TV can't touch me.

Don't be so quick to cast stones! I've known a couple hundred outdoorsmen over the last fifty or so years and can count on one hand how many have never broken fish and game laws! I'll take that back, I can't think of any but they have many trophies hanging about. I know I'm the perfect outdoorsman and have never broken a game law so I can trash talk them all just like you guy's, yeah right! So righteous and arrogant we who know nothing about the man! He's been through some tough times and maybe we aren't qualified to judge!

There's been a lot of the hunting show guys get hammerd for stuff some comes out some don't, I guess it must go to there head I'm on TV can't touch me.
Do any of you remember Noel Feather? He was a big archery hunter with a lot of animals in the Pope and Young record book. He got caught poaching and all his record animals got kicked out of the book. I don't remember what all he got caught doing but it was pretty bad but I don't think it was as bad as Bridges.

Yes used to watch Noel back in the day, never heard that I know most all them have done something, I'm friends with one that use to be on TV, an videos, we're all hunters I do not horn hunt ate to many tag sandwiches, lol I just hunt fot the fun an getting meat in freezer.

A little story. Back in the 90's when I was duck hunting a friend of mine went hunting on the Mississippi river. No ducks were flying and he really wanted his dog to make a retrieve so he shot a greeb which is a protected species. He had the thing with him when he got back to his truck. He showed it to another guy not knowing he was a game warden. Cost him $200.

It's no surprise things some will do.Ive seen lots of stuff, most of its shameful waste.

Latest posts

Back