The right anti-seize for the 10mlII

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
This is what I use on my breech plug and vent liners. Never had one stick yet. I buy mine at the local Auto- Zone, and it is easy to use with very little mess. Easy to carry in the range box too. But if RW is around guard it with caution as it has been said that he likes to use it for lipstick and sometimes even eye-shadow when he is doing his Ozzy Osbourne impersonation! :shock:

http://www.heavydutystore.com/Loctite_3 ... 21528.html

I've been using Knight's breech plug lube since I started with my original inline and still use it in my savage. No problems ever.

I have had terrible results with the knight. Took me an hour to get the breech Plug out last week at the range. I'm going to try this loctite stuff.

Johnny Deer Man said:
I have had terrible results with the knight. Took me an hour to get the breech Plug out last week at the range. I'm going to try this loctite stuff.
Permatex,Anti-Sieze,Part No.133A, available at any auto parts store. Same benefits as R-Mans suggestion. I do not know what it would do for"Ozzy" impersonaters though. :shock: :shock: :shock:

RAF said:
I've been using Knight's breech plug lube since I started with my original inline and still use it in my savage. No problems ever.

I froze a breech plug in my Encore using that stuff and shooting T7. :shock: Since then I use the copper anti seize that I use on my Savages and no problems. :wink:

Try some Slick50 ONE grease from WallyWorld. Tube was about $4 last I knew and it should last you about two lifetimes. Good stuff. (I don't have a Savage but it works very well in several others I own).

Tar-12 said:
Johnny Deer Man said:
Permatex,Anti-Sieze,Part No.133A, available at any auto parts store. Same benefits as R-Mans suggestion. I do not know what it would do for"Ozzy" impersonaters though. :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's what I use for my muzzy's. Not in a Savage though. :oops:

Rifleman said:
This is what I use on my breech plug and vent liners. Never had one stick yet. I buy mine at the local Auto- Zone, and it is easy to use with very little mess. Easy to carry in the range box too. But if RW is around guard it with caution as it has been said that he likes to use it for lipstick and sometimes even eye-shadow when he is doing his Ozzy Osbourne impersonation! :shock:

http://www.heavydutystore.com/Loctite_3 ... 21528.html

Thanks for the tip. My maiden voyage with the 10MLII produced a stuck ventliner, which I had lubricated as instructed with the supplied TW25B. I had to resort to a GRABIT tool ( www.screwremover.com ) to extract the ventliner from the breechplug.

Will pick up some of the Loctite or Permatex product for the next session with the 10MLII.

Unless you have some door hinges that need some lube I'd throw that TW25B straight in the trash. :wink:

Here's what I've been using in the Savage...... Bostik Never-Seez Blue Moly. It's some really good stuff!
b-blue1.jpg

Comes in an 8 oz. brush top can and should last even the most prolific shooter a VERY long time!

Me, too. It is a little more runny than the silver 907E stuff, but the temp. range is a lot higher.

Rifleman, went to Auto Zone Sunday and foud the anti sieze you recommended. Thanks, smoker

Patrick,Why would you not use the Permatex anti-seize on a Savage???

I use Loctite nickel anti-seize, part # 77124. It prevents seizing and galling to 2400F (1315C). I have no idea what the temperature of the vent liner and breech plug reaches so I just got the highest temperature anti-seize I could find. It comes in 8 ounce containers so it will probably last me that many lifetimes.

Tar-12 said:

Because I don't have one. :lol: Just like I don't use it in a SMI, an Encore, a Sidekick, or any other muzzleloader that I don't have. :oops:

Patrick White said:
Tar-12 said:

Because I don't have one. :lol: Just like I don't use it in a SMI, an Encore, a Sidekick, or any other muzzleloader that I don't have. :oops:
I did not realize that you needed such desperate help to bring you out of the darkness my friend! :poke: What can we do to help you? :lol:

Tar-12 said:
Patrick White said:
Tar-12 said:

I did not realize that you needed such desperate help to bring you out of the darkness my friend! :poke: What can we do to help you? :lol:

vader.jpg

It's too late for me.

Back