The Ultimate In a Muzzleloader Scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Well I don't know anyone on planning on spending over a $ 1000.00 on a muzzleloader scope but after all the bruuhaahaa over the vulgar display of povery in scope selection I set out to find what might be the Ultimate Muzzleloader Scope. I looked at Kahles, Swarvorski, Schmidt Bender, Zeiss,Unertel, and Leupold. I figured since we were looking for the ultimate then price would not be a consideration. But optical clarity, tracking, etc ,etc would be. Well I think I might have found it. The Nightforce! These scopes are built like an M1 Abrams tank and are getting alot of attention by the F class Hi Power shooters and the 50 cal BMG crowd. Looks like the erector system and the reticle will never fail on these lil puppys, I like it. Check out all the cool reticle designs too!

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/

These scopes are built like an M1 Abrams tank

...and UNFORTUNATELY weigh the same as one. 30 ounces or more for any I'd want. That's ALWAYS been the problem with them as far as I'm concerned.

Rifleman said:
Well I don't know anyone on planning on spending over a $ 1000.00 on a muzzleloader scope but after all the bruuhaahaa over the vulgar display of povery in scope selection I set out to find what might be the Ultimate Muzzleloader Scope. I looked at Kahles, Swarvorski, Schmidt Bender, Zeiss,Unertel, and Leupold. I figured since we were looking for the ultimate then price would not be a consideration. But optical clarity, tracking, etc ,etc would be. Well I think I might have found it. The Nightforce! These scopes are built like an M1 Abrams tank and are getting alot of attention by the F class Hi Power shooters and the 50 cal BMG crowd. Looks like the erector system and the reticle will never fail on these lil puppys, I like it. Check out all the cool reticle designs too!

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/

I've been very interested in these for along time now. I hear no other scope will touch them around dark. They flat perform with little light.
:wink:

I hear no other scope will touch them around dark.

That's what a HEAR as well. It would be VERY hard for me to believe that NF would have much on Schmidt and Bender, Zeiss, and Swarovskis best. The 8X56 scopes marketed by those companies are designed for one thing and one thing only. That is hunt wild boar at NIGHT! :shock:

big6x6 said:
I hear no other scope will touch them around dark.

That's what a HEAR as well. It would be VERY hard for me to believe that NF would have much on Schmidt and Bender, Zeiss, and Swarovskis best. The 8X56 scopes marketed by those companies are designed for one thing and one thing only. That is hunt wild boar at NIGHT! :shock:

Chuck I tend to agree. I'd like to see a test between NF and those you mentioned. :?

Optics for Muzzleloaders

:) First let me say, I claim not to be a authority on the subject of optics. I am a avid hunter ,constantly searching for what works for me. Having spent untold amounts of my hard earned cash on discount, great, closeout, deals on scopes, I came to the realization that there had to be a scope out there that I did not have to take a loan out on! In my humble opion I have found that in the Zeiss Conquest line! Deer thirty and beyond! I have sat at a cornfield edge well past dark, waiting for the deer to feed on, with a full moon on corn stubble you would not believe what you can see with the Zeiss! I have a 3.5x10x44 on my Henry Ball Limited deer smoker! What a combo!!! My 12 ga. Tar-Hunt slug gun sports 3x9x40 Conquest. Cant say enough good things about them!! I have shot a lot of rounds through my Sav.10ML11, and even more through the slug gun. I figured if that scope could stand up to that hard recoiling 3 in. slug gun it could stand up to anything, and it has! Hope this helps!

Of course I claim it is the Leupold VX-III 3.5-10X40 with German #4 reticle!

big6x6 said:
Of course I claim it is the Leupold VX-III 3.5-10X40 with German #4 reticle!

That Scope is far superior to the Vari-XIII that's for sure. The 98% light transmition really showed Saturday morning for me. By far the best scope i ever owned.

That Scope is far superior to the Vari-XIII that's for sure. The 98% light transmition really showed Saturday morning for me. By far the best scope i ever owned.

You are RIGHT! I am going to try to take a pic of that reticle. It is absolutely the same reticle as I have with my Swarovski Pro Hunters. I was VERY impressed with this scope after using it this past weekend.

Latest posts

Back