Things i would like to see or see improved

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GM - Busta - Mountainamn

If this conversation is going to contiue in this direction I will need to move this to the smokeless section of this board.

GM, if you want to dicuss your passion or future with Smokeless please do it in the Smokeless section.

his is not to say that ML manufacturers could not meet the same specs.. but if they were required to do that you will be digging much deeper into your pockets to pay for it. Bet it would come close to $100 per gun if not more..

Interesting considering by looking at the barrel options for certain T/Cs and one CVA, the prices appear pretty close to me. :?:

GM, if you want to dicuss your passion or future with Smokeless please do it in the Smokeless section.

Actually i dont care what the propellant it is as long as it improves the entire ML industry. The point was sabot design is lagging with new propellants such as BH209. If the improvement help both platforms thats all the better IMO.

As far as a carbine 45cal, i want it for BH209. Carbines dont do as well in the "other" application. A better route then is to improve the bullets mass and a sabot that can handle that added mass/twist. A bunch of older Whites sabot/bullets and a BH209 compatible gun would do me just fine. ;)

GM54-120

And I did not know there was problem with regular ML's using approved loads both powder and bullets weights, and the current sabots other than the 45 cal sabots. And even then I thought that Harvester has solved that problem.

Both Ron and Del will also tell that there is not enough of a market for 45 cal sabots to spend the money on developement, or the creation of a new mold even though I am a big fan of the 45.

Once again I will ask that you keep Smokeless discussions on the Smokeless section of the forum. If you can not follow that request let me know. If you want to talk general and it involves Smokeless or the improvement of smokeless - go to the Smokeless forum.

Back