Thinking of upgrading my Elite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
I would consider looking into upgrading my Elite with bead blasting the barrel and adding a laminate stock.

Anyone have experience with either? Cost? Got one for sale?
Where can I get the blasting done....

I know Knight will machine a Disc Extreme laminated stock to fit the Elites lug and for nice chunk of change. However, I would like feed back from someone who has had this done.

I plan on giving Knight a call regarding...

The Elite is steadily becoming a classic as a bolt gun. I really love mine and really never plan to sell it. We have a relationship now. A trust.
It trusts I will clean it with lots of care and I trust the bullet to go where I point it. :lol:

To much BLOOD between us to quit. :roll:

Any feedback is welcome.

Spit rather than bead blasting have you considered a dura coat finish?

You can have all of the metal done in the T/C weathershield coating by Doug Bouche. He is in Kansas... google duracoat.

Chocdog

Thanks ....I'm not sure about the Weather Shield. I have heard of it wearing off. Is it the same as Dura Coat?

I have a stainless barrel now.

Please let us know what Knight has to say on the stock. I was thinking about adding a laminate to my Elite as well. I am either going to do that or have the whole thing dipped in my camo of choice. We have a local shop here owned by a guy I went to high school with that does great work with the hydro emersion/water transfer stuff.

Critter....seems to me the price was around $150 for the stock. I'm sure it would be just like the laminate on a Master hunter.

I don't think adding a laminate stock to a Knight would be an upgrade. They don't do laminate as well as they do the composite stocks.

I changed the stock on my Knight Disc Elite to a Thumbholed Composite a few years back once I got mine. I like the feel of the thumbholed stock. They had to machine out one for the Extreme to fit the larger lug of the Elite. Back then you could either get it in Black or Camo, the camo was a little more. Not sure if they still offer both but I really like it with the thumbhole stock. They did not charge me for the machining back then either. I asked but it has been a while since they discontinued the Elite I got it shortly after they did for a great price so adding the thumbhole was not that bad to add to the cost. I had been looking at one for a long time. Just happened on to it and started visiting here since.

Thought about the lamintaed one but hunting in cold weather has an effect on wood they say so I opted for black composite.

Good Luck,
LFM

I am concerned about the camo pattern eventually dating the rifle.
Nothing I hate worse than old camo patterns. I have thought of getting a black composite stock instead. Man, I probably should have keep my old one.

Critter said:
What do you have on yours now Spitpatch?

Realtree Hardwoods. It's a great pattern now....just thinking down the road when it's NOT the latest pattern. You know some of the older patterns that we all thought were great are not so great now.

I have a black composite on mine. I have some spots on my blueing after this season, hunted in some real lousy weather, thats why I was thinking of getting it dipped.

Latest posts

Back