This is not muzzleloading but this is a friend of mine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaze...en-deer-hunter

This has nothing to do with shooting a muzzleloader. Although Paul did debate taking a muzzleloader after this monster. But decided, he'd chased the monster Buck for four years with his bow, and wanted to finish it that way.

I have known this young man and his family for many years. I have hunted and fished with him in the past, but as they grow up they go their own way. Which is the way it should be. He's a real upstanding young man. He has hunted this deer for four years, and was finally able to pattern him with trail cameras, and moon charts.

That to me is a great buck. His uncle who sent me the link and a bunch of photos (another good friend of mine), said the DNR felt the deer would not have made it through the winter as it had a broken jaw, no teeth hardly, and was getting smaller. A few years back, Paul estimated the buck at well over 200++ pounds but it only weighed around 160 now.. just a shell of its former self. Also the antlers were much bigger in past years, so the deer was on its last legs you could say. But what a trophy!!

This is the part of the world where I live. And yes there are deer like that roaming around here. But you have to go back in the national and work for them. I am so happy for Paul and what he accomplished. Just thought you guys might like to see a good deer.

conleybuck2.jpg

This is the buck he took with his bow. 8-1/2 year old they estimated. And to think the pictures of this same buck he had last year were even bigger in the rack and body..

conleybuck10.jpg

While these are not my pictures, I don't think Paul will care. If he does he can tell me so.. Enjoy the pictures.

WOW! What a great buck and a great story. He has much to be proud of.

Back