This is SCARY!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Three months from RIGHT NOW...I'll be whitetail hunting in Kentucky during muzzleloader season! Is that CRAZY or WHAT? :shock: Hard to believe it is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! The good thing is I have two Triumphs and a Savage 10ML-II ready to go RIGHT NOW! :D

Ya'll ready to go hunting?

SWEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!

Good luck and don't forget to post a report , with photos !!

Oh Yeah!

Come Nov. 8th, I'll be sitting in this for my first hunt with my .54 Great Plains flintlock.

Standing_In_The_WoodsNet.jpg

And looking down this logging cut. There's a deer cross trail about 50 yards out.

TheViewNet.jpg

I can let the smoke roll in 28 days here in SC... 100 degree heat, rattlesnakes, poison ivy, yellow deer flies, and skeeters that could carry off a small dog. Sounds like deer season to me, how bout y'all?

Bow season in Wisconsin starts in September but I still have to wait until November for the modern season and December for the muzzleloader season. So until then it will be bird hunting for me...

I have a lot of work to do to get ready. I took a vacation day today to mount scopes.

big6x6 said:
Three months from RIGHT NOW...I'll be whitetail hunting in Kentucky during muzzleloader season! Is that CRAZY or WHAT? :shock: Hard to believe it is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! The good thing is I have two Triumphs and a Savage 10ML-II ready to go RIGHT NOW! :D

Ya'll ready to go hunting?
Yes I'm ready!!!! Your post brings things into a better perspective!! The time will fly by. There is hardly anything on earth as exciting as hearing the sound of those early morning footfalls as a whitetail goes about his, or her, early morning business. BOOM!!!!!!!!!!! Flop!........ 8)

yeah it is scary. Especially when you are like me and missed the draw and have zero tags in your pocket :shock:

Keeping my fingers crossed for a few left over tags.

FG-
You could always come out to VA. Just read the new regs this morning. We are allowed 6 deer (3 can be bucks or up to 6 does) and start bow hunting in urban areas on Sept 6 and can hunt with a muzzy (or rifle) from Nov 1-Mar 28th in some Northern Va. counties. Oh, and if 6 is not enough deer, you can always buy bonus tags that will allow you to shoot more does.
They did start an Earn a Buck program in 6 counties this year to try to get folks to shoot more does.

vabowhntr said:
FG-
You could always come out to VA. Just read the new regs this morning. We are allowed 6 deer (3 can be bucks or up to 6 does) and start bow hunting in urban areas on Sept 6 and can hunt with a muzzy (or rifle) from Nov 1-Mar 28th in some Northern Va. counties. Oh, and if 6 is not enough deer, you can always buy bonus tags that will allow you to shoot more does.
They did start an Earn a Buck program in 6 counties this year to try to get folks to shoot more does.

Holy cow with that kind of bag limit, that would be worth it. Whats an out of state tag running? My nephew is based in VA but am unsure where.

Here in the upstate of SC MZ season begins Oct.1. I got my first muzzleloader last and really too late to hunt with so this will be my first try. If the limit is still the same this year we are allowed 10 deer total with no more than 5 bucks. Thats more than enough meat for anybody and really I 'd just as soon take a doe than the small framed bucks arround here.

frontier gander said:
vabowhntr said:
FG-

Holy cow with that kind of bag limit, that would be worth it. Whats an out of state tag running? My nephew is based in VA but am unsure where.

out of state licenses
hunting is $86
bear, deer, and turkey is $66
ML is $31

I won't be back in the USA until December, just in time for Indiana's muzzleloader season 8) . A quick trip to the range to confirm zero and I'll be in business.

I won't be back in the USA until December, just in time for Indiana's muzzleloader season Cool . A quick trip to the range to confirm zero and I'll be in business.

Keep yer head down in Iraq,,brother. I have several options you can use if we don't get the range time before then. 8)

Just get yer ass back here. That's all I care about.... :wink:

Back