Shooting and Turning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dropped the ramrod pusher between the seats the other day, and cannot find it even after three determined searches. So.......making three more. They are almost ready to go.

G_0028.jpg

This morning made it out early, and beat the wind. Shooting a hunting rifle, and it is ready to go for hunting season months away. Shot only three shots this morning, then went for a hike; even snuck on a couple of deers.

Scope on the UltraLite by regulation is one power, which makes aim kinda rough, but doable. Bullets are Fury 265g STB sized to 0.4505" which fits just about perfect. The ramrod pushers won't be at all strained by the fit of the bullets. A poly wad is used. Powder charge is 76g weighed grain of Blackhorn. Primer is 209A. Target ended up being out 79 yard which for me is about max sighting through the one power scope.

G_0026.jpg

Bestill' two part rear sealing breech plug is used, and it sure works good. The plug is sized to fit the rifle, and the primers; ignition is perfect, and perfectly clean. The Fury bullets sure size nicely; they sure don't spring back. A week after being sized, the bullets are still sized just right.

Where are you that a 1x scope is required? Utah used to be that way too, we may be going back to it next year? Also curious which scope your using?

I ended up favoring an Aimpoint 2 Moa red dot, since it seemed more true 1x compared to some scopes that made the target appear farther than it actually was.

Where are you that a 1x scope is required? Utah used to be that way too, we may be going back to it next year? Also curious which scope your using?

South Dakota requires non-magnified sights during muzzle loader season. Am familiar with one power scopes that are actually 0.9X scopes -- they are awful. The scope on the Knight UltraLite is a true one power; it is a Vortex.

Some day when you get out of your truck you'll hear something and notice a little piece of wood rolled out of your truck. If you're like me you won't immediately know what it is until you think a little bit. :)

Latest posts

Back