Thompson Center Renegade vs. CVA Hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I had a nice Renegade and let a guy talk me out of it last year. Wanting another one.

This one looks like a newer one to me based on Lewis' description of the hammer. In excellent condition and I can get it well under what they are going for on Auction Arms or Gunbroker. I have asked him about the QLA but can you guys tell if it is non-QLA from this picture? It does have the blade front sight.

Attachments

• TC Renegade.jpeg
    TC Renegade.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 13
This one looks like a newer one to me based on Lewis' description of the hammer. In excellent condition and I can get it well under what they are going for on Auction Arms or Gunbroker. I have asked him about the QLA but can you guys tell if it is non-QLA from this picture? It does have the blade front sight.

That is a Renegade “Hunter” Model, Single trigger. I personally don’t care for them, The Set triggers are the GOLD MINE, at least for me. I also really like the Hook on the Trigger Guard of the Set Trigger Guns, I use that to pull the Rifle in to My Shoulder.

Some people like the Single Trigger “Hunter” Model Guns, But in my opinion they are AWFUL, The Trigger Pull that is. And they Don’t have the Hook Trigger Guard. They need some SERIOUS trigger work done in order to be “livable” for me. I measured a few of the Single triggers, they are like 6-8 pounds of Pull! They are AWFUL! They are NON ADJUSTABLE, they Require some Surgery (Metal removal)

Back