Thompson Center Service--Thank You

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redeye171

Reaction score
I would like to commend the TC service department for their willingness to please their customer. I have owned a Triumph for little less than a year and have been very pleased with it's performance. Last week while cleaning the gun I bumped the front sight on the work bench and broke the fiber optic portion off. On Monday of this week I called TC service and asked if I could order a replacement. The nice lady on the phone took my name and address, model number and part description. I asked how much the replacement sight would cost and she told me there would be no charge, that she was on her way to the see the gunsmith, and she would send one out to me right away. I of course thanked her kindly and wished her a good day.

What a refreshing attitude the customer service department of this company has!

I received the replacement front sight in the mail today and I'm a very happy camper. :D

Thank You Thompson Center Service! :yeah:

just emailed for parts for an new englander sideload, they are sending what I need for it free of charge. they also did some work on the same gun for free.

TC is still great even under the new owners.

I called them up in September to order a trigger spring for my omega, I lost the old one after complete tear down and cleaning last fall. Should've checked the vacuum cleaner for that one. Anyway, she sent me a new one free of charge. I bought this gun used, and she never even asked about purchase or history! I will be buying more from T/C! This was my first experience with them, and I've never had customer service like that.

I also think TC's customer service is great. I bought a new Triumph last spring and the bore was so tight I could hardly get any combination of bullet/sabot down the barrel, including TC's own Shockwaves with their super-glide sabots. I contacted TC and they immediately told me to send the gun in to them, which I did. I received it back a couple of weeks or so later with a note saying they had lapped the barrel. After this loading it is much easier than it was and the gun is a joy to load and shoot now. Great job TC!!

Not so good experience with TC service

I put a Williams peep on my Omega and the front post is a little too tall. Need a shorter front post and am looking for a recommendation on a new front post.

In the past 2 weeks I have called 5 times and was forced into voicemail each time. I left a couple messages asking what size front sight I should get but those messages haven't been returned.

Since the voicemail didn't work I tried an e-mail as well. No response.

I keep hearing about TCs great customer service but in my one dealing with them I say it is pretty weak.

Python,

Since you placed a Williams peep sight on your TC maybe you should try to contact Williams Gun Sights. Since you purchased a Williams product it is possible they may be better equipped to answer such a question.

Re: Not so good experience with TC service

92python said:
I put a Williams peep on my Omega and the front post is a little too tall. Need a shorter front post and am looking for a recommendation on a new front post.

In the past 2 weeks I have called 5 times and was forced into voicemail each time. I left a couple messages asking what size front sight I should get but those messages haven't been returned.

Since the voicemail didn't work I tried an e-mail as well. No response.

I keep hearing about TCs great customer service but in my one dealing with them I say it is pretty weak.

Don't bother with sending T/C an email, they get hundreds per day and not enough staff to answer them.

The front office "Customer service" staff is down to 4 from 8 people and the call volume is at hunting season levels.

This T/C employee reduction is on par with the 118 laid-off this year.

Last year they had 2 shifts making ML rifles.

chocdog

Williams peep on an Omega issue

I think the Williams peep issue I am having is a common one and the T/C folks know the new front post I need. Just need to talk with someone there but haven't been able to talk with a live person yet.

I know where it is hitting and can adjust for now.

92python,

Ask the receptionest for either the sales dept or better yet Fox Ridge Outfitters which is their retail outlet.

Chocdog

Don't bother with sending T/C an email, they get hundreds per day and not enough staff to answer them.

Then they need to take the email address off their website as an option.
Customers should not be lead to believe that email is a method of correspondance if it is not.
While I really like my new Triumph, I almost did not get it because of past issues with TC customer service that where never resolved despite numerous attempts on my part.

Steve

It has been hit or miss with me.
There are times the response is quick and times slow and other times not at all.

Latest posts

Back