Thompson Center T17 cleaning products

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubled

Reaction score
Anyone use this product? Is the T17 liquid taking the place of their
#13 solvent and cleaner. dd

I use it sometimes for swabbing between shots but I also use a mixture of Windex and alcohol more. I got that idea from this board. From what I've read about it, if you shoot T7 it should be good enough as a bore cleaner before you oil it. I consider myself an over achiever when it comes to cleaning my guns. I'll clean with it or the Windex then I use a bore cleaner, then oil.

Just wasting your Money on these tiny little bottles of "cleaner" IMO
i have to agree you dont need to buy that stuff its just a money maker for them , depending on what powder you shoot thiers much cheaper ways to clean, look at some of the past posts on cleaning

Lately I have been using hot soapy water with the bore submerged and then working patches till they are clean or Hoppe's #9
Then I use the Alcohol patches,dry patches and then rem oil.
I think I may have to do the drill thing on my BP,I cant get it as clean as I want.

I've been using Windex & or windshield washer fluid for over 10 years. Tepid water works fine too. I find that olive oil, Break-Free, or WD-40 all work about the same to prevent rust from forming after clean-up.

Colonial gunsmiths used "sweet oil" a.k.a olive oil all the time. I read an inventory from the will of one at Williamsburg that included 8 gallons along with a bunch of gun tool. Olive oil is pretty much all I used on my traditional guns.

Latest posts

Back