Thompson Center Triumph

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasLoad

Reaction score
I just bought a new tc triumph, and out of the box it should fire. Went through about 7 Win 209 primers, and none fired. I can see the dent in the primer face, but they don't fire, it's a bit off center, but should still ignite the primer I would think. Just for curiosity I smashed a couple with a hammer, and they work just fine. Cabelas wont take it back, it's been loaded, and TC says 8-12 weeks. Any suggestions?

I would push on the firing pin from the hammer side and see how free it feels. It should move easily and you should see it come out the primer side. I am not at home to look at my son's so not sure how far it should stick out. Maybe someone else knows

Can u post a pic of the dented primer?

When I first started muzzleloading I had the very same problem with Winchester primers. A real good dent in the primer with no bang. It happened with all of my guns. I wondered if I had just gotten a bad batch. I switched over to Federal's and no more problems. I saw a video of Randy Wakeman shooting a Redemption when they first came out having the same problem. I also had the problem with my Redemption. If there's a really good dent in the primer I would say the problem isn't the gun.

Latest posts

Back