• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Thompson Omega front recoil lug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know I’m looking for a needle in a haystack but after a slight mishap, mine broke. All I can find is one that has the keyed under side that fits a matching key way in the barrel.

The one I need is an early one that is just rounded on the bottom side and the barrel has a really shallow flat spot that the entire lug, sits in.

Please let me know if you have one or know of where one, might be…

Mark Woodman is milling the Omega double-lug units. I believe his are made to be welded on but maybe he could help you out. I’d check with him.

Mark Woodman is milling the Omega double-lug units. I believe his are made to be welded on but maybe he could help you out. I’d check with him.

yeah, I’m aware but I’m positive it’d be cheaper to buy another gun, than pay a machinist to fab a 1 off, part.
I’ve ground the key off of a newer lug and it bolts up but would like to find the correct one. Was hoping that someone had an early rusted out barrel that they’d part with the piece.

Boone, how did your lug break? Was the barrel dropped accidentally? Just curious so I don't repeat it in one of my guns. Send me a PM if you don't want to say here. Thanks!

Boone, how did your lug break? Was the barrel dropped accidentally? Just curious so I don't repeat it in one of my guns. Send me a PM if you don't want to say here. Thanks!

dumb move! My screws had loosened a little and allowed the front edge of the recoil lug to come out of the flat spot and on top of the little lip that it sat in. It made the screws so tight that I couldn’t get them loose. So I got the bright idea that I’d try to knock it back into place with a piece of wood and a hammer. Didn’t expect the lug to be so brittle. One smack and the lug shattered into 5 pieces. Good news was the screws then backed right out.
The key way is much deeper and would be very hard to duplicate but with my barrel, the lug screw were only about 2 threads loose and it gave it enough room, to get on top and wedge it.

Latest posts

Back