A closer look at Groove depth,450-456 lother walter barrel, Woodman arms Omega!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might as well try the 275 ot and the 275 blk tip40 Cals from Fury in a light blue what's interesting is his 275 OT if you put them in the light blue and set them right beside the 225 Fury the two are practically the same length
Heck yeah, test them all. I'm surprised to hear that the 275 OT is the about same length as a 225 ST2P. I'm sure they will shoot well in that barrel.
My young friend is on the way here & wants to hang out & do some shooting today. Soooo we'll play some more with the Accura & the 200g XTP's today out to 200yds or more.

I shot the 225 Fury and the 275 ot both good under inch,, 57 grains with the 225 and 56 grains with the 275 both bullets hit almost the same place on the target 275 as a noticeable recoil difference in a one would expect it to again very happy with plastic groups in the 1- 18 453

Haven't shot it enough to know for sure but just looking at preliminaries the last day or two if the 18 twist shallow Groove ends up being a great conical, sized bullet barrel it looks like it's going to definitely be acceptable with plastic too!

I shot the 225 Fury and the 275 ot both good under inch,, 57 grains with the 225 and 56 grains with the 275 both bullets hit almost the same place on the target 275 as a noticeable recoil difference in a one would expect it to again very happy with plastic groups in the 1- 18 453
Thanks for posting your testing results. Pretty cool about the 225 & 275 differences & similarities in them from felt recoil to their POI. Some fine tuning that charge will tighten them groups up to your "one-hole groups " you always strive for.

100 plus the next two or three days I'm letting the gun rest over the weekend Monday morning though I'm going to try the 200 SST one more time adjust the charge just slightly and then just for grins I'm going to try the 250 40 cal Pitman it's not a great plastic bullet never has been but hey you never know when you're looking at the 12 land 453 Groove cut on the light blue after you shoot it looks neat there's a real even light pattern of groups cut not near as radical of course as the 450-458 would I know the four five six lothar is getting lonely over there too I got to get it back up and shooting but of course my interest is in the 453 much more than the 456 I had too much pressure on the front of that black plastic stock that I had to 453 in I spent most of the day getting that sanded out so that the barrel is relaxed and free floated.

I have no doubt that the 453 is going to be a great size bullet shooter I really wish there was someone out here in modern Muzzleloader that would pick one up and try it with big lead what I'm more curious about honestly as a plastic load if I can take a dedicated conical Barrel and also get a quarter inch to at least a half inch plastic load that's real consistent that's interesting to me both guns are shooting 3/4 of an inch with plastic not good enough yet

All of my shooting day in day out is at 100 yards if I go out further I'll always take that all of my shooting is in a front rest actually a 3-in front rest I do not have a front rest that fits these narrow Omega stocks I mean I do but I don't use it having a front rest it's real solid but has a little room for the barrel to our stock to rock around forces me to work on my shooting mechanics I do use a rear bag but that's always how I shoot everyday day in day out 100 yards stable front rest but loose fitting with a rear bag

I had a pressure point in the factory plastic stock in my house to shoot it I just put the action in there and sucked it up and went to shooting decided to take that pressure point out this weekend groups went from 3/4 of an inch to half inch rifle is still unbedded I will do that soon four shots I pulled the one that's high the other three or a solid half inch Center to Center pretty good for plastic and pretty good for what I would consider to be a bullet barrel not a plastic barrel there is a bullet hole you can see the edge of it right behind the calipers that one doesn't count it's invisible ignore it please

Attachments

• 20230821_083232.jpg
    20230821_083232.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I have no doubt that the 453 is going to be a great size bullet shooter I really wish there was someone out here in modern Muzzleloader that would pick one up and try it with big lead what I'm more curious about honestly as a plastic load if I can take a dedicated conical Barrel and also get a quarter inch to at least a half inch plastic load that's real consistent that's interesting to me both guns are shooting 3/4 of an inch with plastic not good enough yet
I will buy one and shoot bigger bullets, if i can get it for an Omega. Does Mark have them available?

I had a pressure point in the factory plastic stock in my house to shoot it I just put the action in there and sucked it up and went to shooting decided to take that pressure point out this weekend groups went from 3/4 of an inch to half inch rifle is still unbedded I will do that soon four shots I pulled the one that's high the other three or a solid half inch Center to Center pretty good for plastic and pretty good for what I would consider to be a bullet barrel not a plastic barrel there is a bullet hole you can see the edge of it right behind the calipers that one doesn't count it's invisible ignore it please
Aint nuthin wrong with that.

I am crunching to get all of my bow season work done and be ready for Early Muzzleloader season here in October, thinking the last couple of nights I decided to focus for the moment on just settling on a plastic load ,going to get my plastic load tuned in the 453 bore and go back to experimenting more maybe after the bow and Muzzleloader season are over so stay tuned ,I will be sharing more results with plastic the next week or two I already know that I I'm going to shoot the fury 225 40 cal and a light blue sabot but I've never shot a deer with that 200 SST if I tweak that load a little bit and get it a little under a half inch I might try it too. I've mentioned often that I target shoot with size bullets but I hunt with plastic I've got three or four other rifles that I may grab any particular morning and hunt with I've got to get those shot a couple of times and make sure they're all sighted in where I want them to be going to hunt with the Omega mostly or one of them but I sure have a nice howa 1500 short action with a shilen barrel that I may hunt with a little bit too.

Latest posts

Back