Those using BH209 with Remington STS primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWThomas

Reaction score
I've heard that the Remington STS primers will work fine with BH209 and in fact it is a recommended primer in accordance with BH209's website. But I haven't seen a lot of people use them. Most folks I've seen use CCI primers. The problem for me is that the only primers I have available in my area are Remington STS, 777, and Remington KleenBore. And I know 777 and KleenBore are not recommended.

So who uses Rem STS primers with BH209? And have you been satisfied with their performance?

PRIMERS

Thomas, i live just off Paris Island Gateway (Hwy 280) and will give you a card of winchester 209 primers if you want to try them.

P.S. Tilman Sandridge is open for muzzleloaders until 12/20/08 if you have a WMA permit

Re: PRIMERS

gobbler getter said:
Thomas, i live just off Paris Island Gateway (Hwy 280) and will give you a card of winchester 209 primers if you want to try them.

P.S. Tilman Sandridge is open for muzzleloaders until 12/20/08 if you have a WMA permit

Awesome! Where and when do you want to meet? I'll have to check out TS and see if I can make it before the season ends.

Back