Time to ready the guns!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
My brother in law drew a NM cow elk tag and a buck tag. Time to get his smokepole ( cva optima ) dialed in and ready.

Then my buddy that I've taken on two successful hunts, drew muzzleloader buck as well! I think I am going to ready him with the CVA Firebolt .45 and either the 195gr barnes or the 228gr maxiball that I cast. Hes pretty new with shooting, so it will be 100 yards or less.

My nephew also drew a NM tag, its a Thanksgiving day hunt ( 4 days total ) for either sex whitetail.

Only have to wait another 2-3 months for Colorado to get off their asses and put out the results.

We'll put this old .45cal Firebolt to use this year!
53023812.jpg

Sounds ike the ol' Firebolt is ready the hair test.  It's always fun breaking-in a newly acquired smoker.  Best of luck to all on their upcoming hunts!

Jon,
 Did you do anything with the trigger on that gun?
  I've got the same gun except it says Mag Hunter(Walmart model?). Its a shooter,but the trigger has a lot of creep. It's not bad when I have been shooting it,but after a hiatus it ruins accuracy until I get used to it again. Have you ever improved on this style trigger?

Nothing at all. Its probably around 2.5lbs with very little creep.

Try removing it from the barrel, spray it out with a cleaner, then follow up with a light gun oil. Sometimes all the soot gets into the trigger or factory oil in general and it makes it feel crappy.

Never had to work on a trigger of this style.

Latest posts

Back