.. TODAYS 200 YD RANGE REPORT .......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:D
Well gents I tried again because I wasn't satisfied with my 1st-200 yard day. Couldn't ask for a better day today. Low 50's and by the time I left the temp was just reaching the 70's. No wind and a clear blue sky. I used this BIRCHWOOD CASEY deer target with the vitals. ( suggested to me by my friend Carlos). I really believe it helped me get my bullets in the kill zone. Here are the pics.

First target I was aiming right at the top of the deer's back, 5 shots. ( My V2 is zeroed @ 100 ). 2ND Target I aimed 2"s over his back. I seen I was still low with the first 5 shots. Those last 3 shots were in the lungs and that brought the smile. 3rd pic are the clean shot primers. Carlos, your the man :!:You told me I wouldn't have any more blow and you were 100% correct.

4th pic is the 100 and 200 yard rifle range and the last 2 pics is were the smoke poles are shot. It's called the wilderness range. Really laid back and your in the woods. Theres 25, 50, 100 and 130 yard range. It's a great hide away....... Only problem at the widerness area is there isn't a 200 yard range. I shoot there all the time.
I didn't swab the barrel at all but I pulled the plug once and reamed it out. I used the PARKER BALLISTIC EXTREME 275 grainers. Those last 3 shots in the lungs were a nice little group for 200 yrds. 78 grains weighed Blackhorn 209 and as you can see in the pic Fiocchi Primers. A friend of mine at the range let me try his chrono and I was getting 1986 fps. I was happy with that also :cheers:
Now its time for the stix...........

Ray............ ;)

Good shooting Ray. The last three shots were meat in the freezer. I might aim just a little left to give more room for error, but that just me.

Love that range!!

Great shooting & great report. I love your range. We have a combined rifle / smokepole range but I usually shoot on weekday mornings & it's never busy. Most of the time, it's just me :)

Ray, that is some great shooting, and I new you could do it with out any doubt in my mind what so ever. That range you go to is great looking. Now you are ready for anything that comes your way up to 200 yrds :D . Great shooting buddy. :twisted:
Carlos

:D

Thanks gents for all your replies. :!:

Ray............ ;)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND HAVE A GREAT, SAFE SEASON :cheers: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back