Tracking Virginia Elk with GPS Collars

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope . i'm new to deer hunting and not ready to try elk but they are amazing animals and i do hope to try in the next few years . FWIU outside of their 3 counties here if one is found they can be taken in deer season using a valid deer tag for what ever weapon(s) is legal during that season .

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the two words " Virginia & ELK " together honestly. I think that that is just friggin awesome.
I had only seen the beautifully majestic creatures on TV until I went out to Ft Sill Ok to visit my brother when he was stationed there 3 diff times. The closest we got to a small herd was 600 & something yds. We did have some killer military issue glass to put to good use. I don't know if I'd be able to close my gaping yap & stop droppin holy S-bombs long enough to shoot one if they walked right up to me.

Last edited:
when i was very young the park by the river in richmond had some , but i vaguely remember them . DGSC on jeff davis hwy south of richmond has some and you can sometimes see them from the road and they do have a area to park a few cars and some info on them when you want a closer look . one of my sisters lives across the street from there and freaked out the first might there hearing them bugle . she didn't know what the heck they were til her BF stopped laughing and told here what they were .

https://www.wtvr.com/i-have-a-story/bellwood-elk

Missouri, i live near a private "herd". All i got to do is look across the street. The Busch family owns them or did own them.

Latest posts

Back