Traditions .50 Lightning bolt action ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackpowder8bore

Reaction score
Recently acquired a Traditions lightning bolt,Stainless, .50, threaded barrel w /brake from factory. 1:32 twist.
I'm looking for a 209 conversion kit but EVERYBODY and their brother is sold out. So I bought a 1piece 209 breech plug and can use the bolt/striker from y .45 Traditions e-bolt...it fits fine.
But since I like 209 in everything and don't want to rob my ebolt of 209 primer performance, is there a way a #11striker could be made or altered to be like the 209 striker? That still leaves the stronger(?) 209 spring that's missing.

And I read the 209 bolt conversion kit for the Lightning bolt took it from 120 max to 150, according to the accompanying paperwork, but I'll ask Traditions if I can.

Basically, I was just asking if anyone might have a Traditions Bolt action inline 209 conversion kits for Lightning bolt,ebolt, another bolt...?

And anybody have any knowledge of the thread pitch of the brake or the benefits of 1:32 vs1:28 or if anybody might even just have a 209 bolt they sell for the aforementioned...

Any help is appreciated..

Thank you

When I put a 209 kit on my Traditions BuckHunter, the paperwork also said the same thing with the charges, now 150gr by volume capable, though I would never shoot that much out of it. Mine also has a 1:32 twist barrel, most likely just the progression from slower twist round ball shooters to saboted bullets, some of the newer Lightnings had 1:28 twist barrels.

Some small shop probably that has 209 kit on the shelf, just a matter of the right time and place. I would put a WTB in the classifieds.

I have a Traditions Lighting Bolt .50 Cal.with the 1:28 twist barrel with the 209 conversion...I’ve never loaded loose powder in it but have used 150 grain triple 7 in it “Magnum”..their web site said..more accurate with 100 grain pellets..

Latest posts

Back