Traditions Buckhunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
A friend gave me his old Traditions. It appears to be nickel plated.. Currently cleaning out alot of corrosion. Seems to have some minor pitting in the bore. I am waiting to find a brechplug wrench, it is set up for #11 caps.

The barrel is marked 1-32 twist. Anyone ever work with this twist? Was going to start with an XTP. Thanks as always for any tips.

First muzzleloader I ever had and still have it. I've used Harvester smooth black sabots with 250 grain Barnes TEZs. I would think the XTP would work good. I did convert mine to 209 primers.

It's soaking in oil now while I try to find a wrench for sale.

I was thinking of JB's and some steel wool wrapped on a bore brush.

Just curious if you got the breech plug out and how the barrel turned out. I bought a Buckhunter Pro on GB a while back in decent shape and was wondering what load you settled on. Any difference between the Pro and non Pro model?

Thanks
John

Either jb bore paste or wrap a jag up with some steel wool and go to town. A little bit of pittinh won’t hurt accuracy if your using sabots. At least not terribly

Last edited:
Not yet, honesty got busy. Cleaned it best I could with the plug in and put it in the safe. I'll get to it over the winter.

Latest posts

Back