Traditions Crockett 32 cal Kit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark1945

Reaction score
Traditions Crockett 32 cal Kit

Anyone built one of the kits for the little 32 cal Crockett by Traditions. Just got started with mine so far only had a small amount of fitting to get barrel and lock in place trigger took more wood removal but its all ready to start sanding stock and finishing metal. I only had one dislike with it the brass nose cap fits on stock perfectly but the under rib on the barrel stops almost a quarter inch from nose cap just don't look right . I called Traditions and asked if that's normal or do I have a short rib .They sent me back a message that they went and looked on complete guns and that's normal . Guess its time to see what I can come up with to fill the gap I love the rest of the rifle but that short rib. Anyone else have a Crockett and does it have that gap?

Re: Traditions Crockett 32 cal Kit

Mark

you could pour a pewter nose cap........easier than one might think! ;)

I thought about that but really want to stay with brass like butt plate and trigger guard . Probably will just weld a nub on the rib and file it to contour don't really need much . Just hope I don't have the same problem with the 2 Mountain rifle kits I got haven't fitted anything on them yet.

those deer won't know the difference, just extra weight to carry around.

I know but Im picky that way if it don't look right to me Ill work on it till it does.

Latest posts

Back