Traditions flintlock pro & cons

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I think next month when I get my bonus I’m going to buy a traditions flintlock from sportsman I’m a poor boy and it looks like that’s about what I can afford.
I’ve never shot one either so I’m going to have to get on you tube and educate myself.

I’ve always wanted one so I’m going to get one.
So if you have one I was wondering if you can share some pros and cons also would like to know who makes them?
Thanks

Traditions guns are made in Spain by a company called Adresa.
A lot of people like to bash Traditions guns, low quality, etc.
I own several in cap lock and they have been good shooters for me.
I have no experience with their flintlocks but I will say that if you get one, use good quality English black or French amber flints.
Track of the Wolf muzzleloaders are where I get my flints.
Flintlocks are a whole new world of shooting and are a lot of fun.
Use real black powder, 2f or 3f.
Either granulation is OK for both priming and main charge.

I have the PA pellet gun. It has served me well. I use 4f black in the pan and pellets in the bore. It has killed deer. Not the prettiest gun in the rack but functional.

Traditions guns are made in Spain by a company called Adresa.
A lot of people like to bash Traditions guns, low quality, etc.
I own several in cap lock and they have been good shooters for me.
I have no experience with their flintlocks but I will say that if you get one, use good quality English black or French amber flints.
Track of the Wolf muzzleloaders are where I get my flints.
Flintlocks are a whole new world of shooting and are a lot of fun.
Use real black powder, 2f or 3f.
Either granulation is OK for both priming and main charge.
Thank you.

I've owned, hunted with and burned much BP in Traditions long guns. No experience with their flintlocks, all mine were caplocks, but many report great success with them. Traditions barrels are excellent and are as good as most US made barrels. But sometimes the flint locks they use are problematic and will need "tuning" by a knowledgeable gunsmith familiar with flintlocks. There are also replacement locks from L&R. But most traditions locks function just fine. This forum will be a great help should you need any kind of advice on the use, care and shooting of the rifle.

I’m a poor boy and it looks like that’s about what I can afford.
No deer ever tipped over because a gun was pretty, ugly, cheap, or expensive. Ill never be impressed by how a gun looks, (although some are nicer to look at) its how well the owner can hit what he is aiming at. Get the gun you can afford, practice, get good with it, apologize to no one.

Latest posts

Back