Traditions has a new model coming out

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Was talking to someone at Traditions today and they have a new sidelock coming out sometime in August ( I'd suspect it will be a few months after august).

Its a good looking rifle and at a stout 8+ lbs. Nice blade sights that I should be able to see fairly well. Nice long 32" barrel with a 1:48 twist. If its anything like my Woodsman Hawken, It will be a solid shooter.

The Traditions™ Mountain Rifle maintains the classic styling and handling of time-honored sidelock rifles, while offering great performance and affordability. The Mountain Rifle Kit is a .50 caliber percussion rifle with a longer 32" octagonal white barrel. The rifle has an overall length of 48" and weighs 8.15 lbs.
tradit10.jpg

To bad  its in a 50 caliber. There not good for nothin.:Laughing blue:

BigAl52 said:
Let me shoot at that nice little paper plane of yours with my good for nothing .50 cal. :Mischief:

That is an attractive rifle. Is it cheap?

Your right it is nice looking with a whole bunch of looks very similar to the CVA Mountain Rifle, which is not bad...Should be a crowd pleaser...

YMHS
Hilljack

Kentucky Colonel said:
BigAl52 said:
Let me shoot at that nice little paper plane of yours with my good for nothing .50 cal. :Mischief:

That is an attractive rifle. Is it cheap?
You wouldnt do that to my sisters plane. She would demote you to latrin duty.

Believe it or not, it will be in the $480's which I think is a great deal. Also available in kit form.

Clyde said:
Be really nice if they drilled and tapped the tang for a Lyman sight.
Why would they do that? So, Lyman can sell sights? Only Lyman D&T their guns for their sights.

TC did it for their sights.

Traditions doesn't sell a peep sight.

tradit11.jpg

tradit12.jpg

The Traditions Mountain Rifle maintains the classic styling and handling of time-honored sidelock rifles, while offering great performance and affordability. The Mountain Rifle Kit .50 caliber muzzleloader sports a longer 32" octagonal barrel, giving it an overall length of 48" and weight of 8.15 lbs.

The Mountain Rifle maintains the classic styling and handling of time-honored Sidelock rifles, while offering great performance and affordability. The rifle boasts a hooked breech for easy barrel removal, and click-adjustable rear hunting sight.

The .50 Caliber Mountain Rifle features a double-set trigger in an oversized glove-fitting, trigger-guard with finger rest. The rifle also comes complete with classic brass embellishments and inlaid solid brass patch box.

The stock is made of Select Hardwood ( Beechwood)
Available in both Factory and Kit form!

Barrel:

.50cal - 1:48 Twist - 32" Brown Cerakote Finish

Prices:
Pre-built - $488
Kit Form - $426

Latest posts

Back