Traditions muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean schwarzenbach

Reaction score
What do u think of traditions muzzleloader guns? I’ve 3 fer sale at my local gun store, ther cap lock in 50 cal, around 4 an change , seem to be pretty clean!

I‘ve never seen a Traditions in person yet, but I bought a Fox River 50 off another board and am waiting on it to get here. For a price reference, I paid $120 shipped.

I don’t know what model you’re looking at, the only Traditions sidelock that I have experience with is the Crockett. I have a couple of them and they’re great little rifles.

I had one traditions muzzy, an inline, the only muzzleloader I've ever sold, I will never buy another one. In my situation, it was quality of the product and customer service, both at the bottom of the barrel.

I‘ve never seen a Traditions in person yet, but I bought a Fox River 50 off another board and am waiting on it to get here. For a price reference, I paid $120 shipped.
Due to the ineptness of the USPS, my little Deerhunter 50 finally showed up today after 16 days in transit. I put a Mag Spark 209 conversion on it and loaded up a 50 gr Pyrodex pellet and a 250 gr SST, and I rang the 50 yard gong with the first shot (as well as the other 4 I fired). The trigger needs work and the sights are tiny, but overall, I really like the little gun (and I do mean little). :lewis:

Last edited:
Yes there has been some issues with Tradtions. However, they have responded well and now produce darn good muzzleloaders. My wife has been shooting her Northwest Vortex for several years with excellent success. It groups the Federal BOR lock very well in front of Triple7 FFF. She has used both number 11 caps and muskets caps with equal sucess. I am sure the new 209 systems work just as well!
Just an FWITW from me..
Cheers
J.R.

Back